Formula Allergy?

LynnieH

Reaction score
Okay, I have been giving Frankie a bottle of formula at lunchtime to replace a bf in preparation for me returning to work. She is fine on it and enjoys it no sickness. However since starting her on this she has developed a rash on the side of her face, it looks like little spots. Jonny has eczema and this is exactly how his started but it didn't coincide with him having formula. Could she have an allergy to SMA? If so what can I do?

Help please!

maddie was violenlty sick with also a rash but she intollerant ...

she sick hun???

xxx

No, no sickness just the rash and lots of wind! She is quite uncomfortable in the tummy.

maybe it to rich for her??

wha about cow n gate or farleys??

get some ready made cartons like i do an sample hun

xxx

sma didnt agree with rhys either and he had a rash too... i switched him to cow & gate and he was fine, i also bought one carton of ready made stuff to try it out before i bought a whole tub

Ethan had a milk allergy, he was very sick all the time, didnt keep anything down,

When he went on to solids it was really hard, shopping took twice as long coz i had to find foods that didnt have there 2 ingrediants in, otherwise he would be really ill. He had to have really plain foods bless him.

He grew out of it by the time he was 2 tho which was good :)

If she is not being sick then i dont think she is intollerant, maybe try a diffrent formula?

xx

I don't think it is intolerance, I never said that. But I think she may be allegic to something in it. I am going to see the HV today so I will ask then and see what she recommends.

Hopefuly she can point you in the right dircetion, and maybe recomend a good milk

x

HV has recommended Aptamil as it supposed to be the closest to breastmilk with the least additives. She also said Frankie may get used to formula in time and it might just be an initial reaction.

No reaction to the Aptamil today! I reacted to the price though!!! has anyone tried the hipp organics milks or the Cow and Gate comfort milk?

Not allegy rash at all, went to docs and its just eczema, he gave me som cream to sort it.

Awww noooo least you know what it is though babe ....

just hope she stops scratching her face for you!

xxx

i tried several formulas with luke as he suffered with really bad and painful tummy/wind. we tried the comfort milk and it was so thick and made his poo green and stink and didn't help. after nearly 12 weeks of unhappy baby we resorted to SMA lactose free and he is so content now. he had a hernia repair at 8 weeks so has always had a sensirive tummy but this one really did the trick - just wish i tried it weeks ago!!:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->