Formula available in the UK

goddess25

Reaction score
What ones do you use and why?

I live in Canada and going to Scotland in Jan for 3 weeks and trying to find out what is good formula to buy. We currently use Nestle Good Start but I dont think you can get that there.

Any suggestions.

We use Aptamil easy digest- the easy digest because of her colic and Aptamil because its supposed to be the closest to breastmilk (mind u they all say this!). I used SMA gold at one point but found it stained her clothes so much and she was overly keen!

I use Aptamil First Milk for Sienna... for the same reasons as Scally with it being "the closest" to breastmilk. Its £1 more expensive than the other makes but worth it x

The main one's here are
Aptimil
SMA
Cow and Gate

I'm sure there is a nestle milk though??

We use Cow and Gate for no reason, only had it in the cupboard in case BF didn't work out, and it didn't, so Cow and Gate it was! Ruby has never had any problems with it whatsoever.

i use cow & gate as thats what they had at the hospital

cow & gate
heinz
aptamil
hipp organic
sma

these are the milks you will find easily available on supermarket shelves

We use SMA - I was an SMA baby and they had it at the hospital too. Earl seems to get on with it although I know some people have problems with it.

They are all pretty similar but I think nestle has a UK affiliate - do they have a helpline as they may have a recommendation? just a thought :shrug:

when i stopped BF i chose aptamil as it is meant to be closest to breast milk, shes been great on it so we have stuck with it so far. (its the first one.. in the blue carton x)

We use cow and gate. I have just come back from the US and after speaking to my airline I found we could fill a suitcase full of baby milk as it is seen as an essential so the limits on liquid dont count.

I didn't really want to change Phoebe's milk whilst we were away so this is what we did. We took out a massive suitcase full of ready made cartons and had no problems whatso ever in the UK or the US. Maybe this is something you would consider?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->