formula poop question

mernie

Mom and Pregnant with #2!
Reaction score
We just recently had to switch her to all formula as my milk dried up but ever since then she'll let out a blood curdling scream and thats how we know she's pooped :cry: its adult texture not hard hard but definitely too hard for her :cry: is it just where she switched or is there something else going on?

Sounds like shes constipated hun. Have you tried giving her water?

Sounds like she might be constipated!
Maybe try giving her an OZ of cooled boiled water...it worked wonders for LeeAnne when she was having problems

I would do the same as the others said, a little bit of water used to help Joseph when he was constipated x

thanks ladies I'll have to try that with her today and hopefully it helps. Its soo hard to watch her be in that much pain for a simple bowel movement :cry:

we have changed formula quite a lot and we experienced that each time, we ended up at the hospital the one night and they just said its constipation.
Annabelle now poos quite firm due to the milk that she is on

Lou
xxx

:hugs:

It's an awful feeling to know that your LO is in pain. Hope she goes back to being regular soon!

Definitely sounds as though she's constipated, that's not normal for a strictly formula fed baby (they have different colored stools but they are still soft). Is your formula iron fortified? I would try going with one that is either low iron or not iron fortified as that can cause constipation

no its not iron fortified. I have the only kind of formula that we have available at our stores that she will keep down. Its never given her a problem until as of late, I think it might have something to do with the fact that she was on BF for so long and was still supplemented at the beginning of FF but all of a sudden since my milk dried up had to stop BF cold turkey and go with nothing but FF

constipation as others have said hopefully she feels better soon. try water sud help , i use to give logan cooled boiled water with a tiiny tiny bit of sugar always helped. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->