Formula question?

Kay_

Reaction score
I breast feed and formula feed but I don’t know much about formula brands...is there brands out there that don’t go “bad” after an hour or two? Currently feed nestle which says discard after an hour after making...

Most powder formulas go bad in 30-40mins. Only ones which don't see those which come pre-made , in tubes or tetrapacks...

I think most say to discard 2 hours after making the feed . I know Aptimal and Cow and Gate have a 2 hour window .

If you get the premade bottle I think that lasts upto 48 hours in the fridge but again you have to discard any feed in the bottle after 2 hours

When I was breastfeeding and topping up with formula, we bought the small bottles of premade formula. That way if you are only give 1 or 2 bottles a day a small bottle can last 48 hours in the fridge. X

I've used Aptamil and Hipp, both say discard within two hours (I think it's one hour if the baby has drank from the bottle). It's to stop the build up of bacteria in the bottle.

The ready made bottles last 48 hours in the fridge.

I breast feed and formula feed but I don’t know much about formula brands...is there brands out there that don’t go “bad” after an hour or two? Currently feed nestle which says discard after an hour after making...

Hy kay!
I have my 8 months old baby girl on HIPP formula for almost 4 months now. At first i was panicking reading labels thinking about what if its not good for her..
Did a lot of research online and started getting it from online store. It turned out fine for me.
My daughter has enjoyed feeding on the formula and is growing nice and healthy and I am satisfied.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->