Found our baby's heartbeat!

ChickenMommy

Mother of 2
Reaction score
According to FF Im like 6w5d today. But! I thought about it and my nipples were way sensitive right after Christmas (first noted it on my chart Dec 26). Lets keep in mind that my first KILLED my nipples after she was born. I havent had any feeling in them since then. Hubs has to bite, hard, for me to feel anything. According to FF I didnt ovulate until Jan 15, so a full 2.5 weeks AFTER I first noticed the nipple change, which I think could be too early to be related to ovulation. So theres a chance that instead of being 6w5d I could actually be as far as 9-10 weeks. :shrug:

Anyway! I got our new doppler today. Sonoline B. Of course I tested it out, not expecting to hear anything. I was able to pick up a heartbeat! It wasnt mine, it was definitely baby. Ranged from 123-133bpm. My heart rate was hovering around 73bpm. :happydance:

Wow that's crazy. Will be interesting to see how far along you are. Did you have a normal af in between? . I found mine for a brief minute today and I thought that was super early.

Nope. No AF since early October. With my PCOS my cycles are super wonky. I usually have 3-4 a year and even then theyre mostly anovulatory.

Hello,

Just a little input at around 9-12 weeks even longer early fetal development shows a heart rate being super fast closer to 160-175 bpm. It's usually after 12weeks that the heart rate will slow down to settle into the fetus normal heart rate.

Example at my first appointment at 10 weeks the doctor was able to find heart beat and it was 164 bpm. At my second appointment at 14 weeks and since then my baby boys heart rate has been around the 145 bpm.

I know when I use my Sonoline B I can always register a 125-130 bpm that sounds similar to a heart beat but almost echo like not but its not quite a chug chug or gallop sound which is what a true fetal heart sounds like. I've been told it could be an echo of the baby or echo of the placenta.

Could there be a chance you are actually early closer to your first estimate?

Hello,

Just a little input at around 9-12 weeks even longer early fetal development shows a heart rate being super fast closer to 160-175 bpm. It's usually after 12weeks that the heart rate will slow down to settle into the fetus normal heart rate.

Example at my first appointment at 10 weeks the doctor was able to find heart beat and it was 164 bpm. At my second appointment at 14 weeks and since then my baby boys heart rate has been around the 145 bpm.

I know when I use my Sonoline B I can always register a 125-130 bpm that sounds similar to a heart beat but almost echo like not but its not quite a chug chug or gallop sound which is what a true fetal heart sounds like. I've been told it could be an echo of the baby or echo of the placenta.

Could there be a chance you are actually early closer to your first estimate?

It was definitely a washing machine/galloping horse sound, so I know it was baby. I did a little googling and that heart rate is supposed to be around 7 weeks so Im thinking FF and I are just a few days off rather than weeks. But I suppose its always possible that I am further. Do I honestly *think* Im closer to 9/10 weeks? No. Only because I had 2 negatives just days before I got my positive tests. It just seems odd that all of a sudden my nipples would become super sensitive and almost 3 weeks before ovulation.

In any case, I suppose I should get my butt in gear and get over to my doctor for a test and followup blood work so I can get my dating scan scheduled. I just dont feel like it. That sounds bad, but with this being our third, Im way more relaxed.

Sounds exciting...I didn't know about the doppler and now I'm on amazon looking to buy. Where did you buy yours?

Buying now!!! So excited!!! I'm still way early but I'll have it for later

i can totally believe you. with my second baby i found the heartbeat at 6 weeks 3 days. i know that's how far along i was because i had an ultrasound at 5 weeks 6 days and my baby measured exactly at 5 weeks 6 days.

this baby i didn't hear the heartbeat until 7 weeks 6 days. i weigh the same as i did last time, i'm really thin (less than 100 pounds).

i can totally believe you. with my second baby i found the heartbeat at 6 weeks 3 days. i know that's how far along i was because i had an ultrasound at 5 weeks 6 days and my baby measured exactly at 5 weeks 6 days.

this baby i didn't hear the heartbeat until 7 weeks 6 days. i weigh the same as i did last time, i'm really thin (less than 100 pounds).

I was messing around with the doppler tonight while my husband was getting a shower and found it again! Tucked on my right side beating away around 121bpm! I got a decent recording of it on my phone but I don't think there's a way to share it here. I'm seriously shocked! Not only is it super early, but I've got plenty of "fluff" to cover everything. I laid on my side and pressed firmly right at my pubic line and found it almost instantly. Soooo comforting to hear that sound especially since I haven't been to the doctor yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->