Found out I am 5 weeks pregnant today! Omg c:

Jitter

Reaction score
So it's my #1 and I have a BMI of 40.. Yeah I know, it's a BIT high.

Got to see a GP today, such a LOVELY GP she's so BEAUTIFUL! Omg! So friendly, I can't get over how supportive the practice I went to was. Had blood tests done to work out if I will have a healthy pregnancy and the poor doctor couldn't find blood up my arm so he had to get it out of my hand lol! (I was stressing, I hate needles.) But now I'm home and fiance is so happy as am I. :happydance: I am suffering already from nausea and bloating. I have another appointment with my GP in 1 week's time for the results and a pee test. I already told my fiance's mum since she's local and I just wouldn't of been able to hold it in. I haven't told my mum and dad and grandparents yet. But I think they'll be happy to finally be grandparents. My mum has said that in the past. YAYYYY!

How wonderful! Very happy fr you! I wish you a smooth ride & a healthy baby at the end!! Xx

Congratulations!! It's an exciting time!

I too have a high BMI (36 last time I checked) but had a fairly uneventful pregnancy with my now healthy, happy two year old x

I too have a high BMI (36 last time I checked) but had a fairly uneventful pregnancy with my now healthy, happy two year old x

Thank you ladies!! xxx

It's such a happy moment in my life. I've always wanted children and mum has always wanted to be a 'nanny'. :thumbup:

@Mrsmac Mine is 40 currently which worries me but my mums was about 44 when she had my sister and she got gestational diabetes but my sister was born healthy.

EDIT: Forgot to mention your son is absolutely handsome!

Thank you ladies!! xxx

It's such a happy moment in my life. I've always wanted children and mum has always wanted to be a 'nanny'. :thumbup:

@Mrsmac Mine is 40 currently which worries me but my mums was about 44 when she had my sister and she got gestational diabetes but my sister was born healthy.

Thank you, he's a little star!

Are you in the UK? I am in Scotland and am on what they call the red pathway which means because of my BMI I'm consultant lead care. Really worried about GD because my mum has late onset type 2 diabetes so I'm at higher risk!

Time will tell (whether his pregnancy continues and whether I get GD!) I guess X

Thank you ladies!! xxx

Thank you, he's a little star!

Are you in the UK? I am in Scotland and am on what they call the red pathway which means because of my BMI I'm consultant lead care. Really worried about GD because my mum has late onset type 2 diabetes so I'm at higher risk!

Time will tell (whether his pregnancy continues and whether I get GD!) I guess X

Haha wow your mum is the same as mine! She's also got type 2 now. She got it late also. I'm definitely at risk no matter what weight I am. (But it's more risky as big as I am now.) I'm in Australia currently in Tasmania. The doctor actually said there's something about Tasmania that we need more vitamins? (unsure what it was, I forgot.) But she said many Tasmanian children are born with low IQ due to it. But Hamish and I are very intelligent and come from Queensland but moved here last year. So I hope we have an intelligent child lol! I hope I get that kind of support here. My GP is absolutely a doll. She's just wonderful so here's hoping she's wonderful with my BMI/weight too. I am hoping to have an early scan around 8 weeks to make sure my baby is healthy. And then another around 13 weeks. It's a bit close to each other but that's what I am hoping for. First pregnancy, classified as obese (even though I'm relatively healthy) and suffer from anxiety. So I want to make sure everything will be fine :)

I'm sure you'll be just fine - bigger mums have healthy babies all the time so we just both need to take care of ourselves, eat well, relax and take out vitamins!

I see a herbalist (who helped me get pregnant twice in six months after not even ovulating for 10 months!) and she's given me some great dietary advice, I would be happy to post the list if that would be helpful?

I found out I am 5 weeks too and my BMI is 39.5, my cousin was higher than that with both her pregnancies so im not worrying about it too much. Congrats xx

Congrats! I am also in Australia, in Victoria its Vitamin D deficiency that can have that impact on babies. I am taking Elevit tablets that contains Vit D as well as heaps of other important things like folic acid. I am also on Vit D tablets because I am always a bit on the low side with it and my first bub was born with a little jaundice because of it (otherwise she was totally healthy).
Also I have a BMI of 40+ and my last pregnancy was perfect otherwise , no gestational diabetes. I got a bit of swelling in feet and hands at the end but wasn't helped by the fact I was 2 weeks overdue and SICK of it haha.
H&H pregnancy to you!

Oh yes, I'm in Scotland so vitamin d (and a distinct lack of sunshine) is an issue here too! X

Congrats! I had a high bmi and carried twins! Im sure you will be fine! Just try to eat healthy because its really hard to loose extra weight after the baby is born. I really wish i would i not gained so much :(

@MrsMac02 I would LOVE the list! :) Always love help x

@nickinakinoo Oh that sounds promising! I hope it's the same for me! Congratulations <3

@MollyNorwood I think in Tasmania it's Vit D too. I forget what for, but doc told me to buy vits and I still haven't so that's my goal for the week is to get vitamins.

I'm thinking of taking an 8 week scan or would it be too early?

Hi Everyone,

Congratulations on your AMAZING news !

My names Ola I work at Dragonfly Film and TV. We make shows like One Born Every Minutes.

The BBC is making a documentary about Down’s syndrome with Sally Phillips to be broadcast on BBC1 in 2016.

The documentary will explore the debate around the proposed new screening test and their possible availability on the NHS. The programme will discuss the implications for screening for genetic conditions, both today and in the future, exploring the support and education available to, and difficult choices faced by, parents-to-be. It will also discuss the progress in support for children and adults with Down’s syndrome and the advancements in any medical interventions that may be necessary

At the moment we are researching the programme and are keen to speak with:
o Women who are in their 1st trimester of pregnancy with their first baby
o Women who have not yet had screening but are considering and would like to discuss the screening process and their experiences of it at various stages
o Women who are not considering screening and would like to discuss the screening process and their experiences of going through their pregnancy without it
We realise this is a sensitive area and that parents-to-be will involve a difficult and emotional decision making process during their screening and testing experience. Dragonfly are the makers of One Born Every Minute, and have a reputation for dealing with important sensitive subject matters and treating our contributors with warmth and integrity.

At this stage we would welcome an initial off-the-record research chat. There would be no obligation to participate in the programme. If you are interested, please feel free to contact us Ola, Carl and Clare, if you would like any more information, or to talk things through. Please PM for an email address

Hey all! Just an update! Had all my first trimester blood tests done! They all came back perfect except for Rubella saying I do have an immunity to it, just not sure how much of an immunity. She said everything else is perfect though :D! I should be transferred to the big hospital in Hobart in a week or so! So exciting! She said from the test that and I quote "You are indeed very pregnant!" Hehe. Woot! I also took my fiance along with me and he loved sitting in on the trip. He is also transferring himself to that clinic because he thinks they're lovely and I agree! :)

Excellent news!! Here's to a happy, healthy pregnancy! X

Hi Ola, we will be having a screening done at 11 weeks to test for extra chromosomes. I'm not sure what I have to do though? If it comes out negative I probably won't be any help.

Thanks Mac :)! How's yours been going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->