Found out today that I'm not ovulating

caz_hills

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
So our son is three next week and we have been Ttc for eight months now actively. Not long I know. We conceived after four months with our son so assumed we would be ok. I've been doing ovulation tests for the last three months and had a positive month one, wasn't sure month two and didn't test properly this month. We went to the dr as it wasn't happening and she said it's very early but suggested blood tests. So I did that last week at day 25 - my cycle is usually 32 days and the results came back and I wasn't ovulating.

I'm not sure what to think. I had a feeling something wasn't right. I'm trying to think, oh it's just this month or maybe we didn't test at the right time but how accurate are these things? I've made a dr appointment for Wednesday to see if she can explain what we need to do. Do we do another blood test next month? Did I test at the wrong time - I was told 7 days before AF due and it was six.

I know it's early days, eight months isn't long, but it feels so sad.

Any advice would be welcome x

Hi ladies,
So our son is three next week and we have been Ttc for eight months now actively. Not long I know. We conceived after four months with our son so assumed we would be ok. I've been doing ovulation tests for the last three months and had a positive month one, wasn't sure month two and didn't test properly this month. We went to the dr as it wasn't happening and she said it's very early but suggested blood tests. So I did that last week at day 25 - my cycle is usually 32 days and the results came back and I wasn't ovulating.

I'm not sure what to think. I had a feeling something wasn't right. I'm trying to think, oh it's just this month or maybe we didn't test at the right time but how accurate are these things? I've made a dr appointment for Wednesday to see if she can explain what we need to do. Do we do another blood test next month? Did I test at the wrong time - I was told 7 days before AF due and it was six.

I know it's early days, eight months isn't long, but it feels so sad.

Any advice would be welcome x

Hey,

I'm afraid I don't know the answers but I just wanted to say I am in a similar situation, I haven't had a period for 9 months so I'm not ovulating either. I had bloods done last week and all normal apparently although I have no idea what that means! I'm currently awaiting a date for a scan.

Sarah xxx

I know more about this than I ever wanted to! I am struggling to conceive #2 as well. I'm sorry you are having trouble.

Your blood test was done at exactly the right time to look for ovulation. Do you know what your progesterone level came back as? Some doctors say that the test isn't positive for ovulation unless your progesterone is over 10 but some say anything over 3 is positive.

There are things you can do to get your body back on track. I got regular cycles back (including ovulation) using acupuncture. There are also some supplements you can use. Or, your dr can five you medication to force ovulation to happen, although your body will have to have already produced a mature follicle/egg. You could have an ultrasound of your ovaries done this cycle to see if your body is making a follicle.

I hope you find a solution soon!

Hello
I have been trying for 12 mos with no success..got testings done and all was okay until we got progesterone levels checked..I'm not ovulating...will most likely go on fertility drugs and do follicle ultrasound...it's good u r getting all help now!!

Caz_hill, ask them to take the test again but earlier, here's why... I had an ovulation blood test and they told me that I wasn't ovulating. I was devastated! However they were wrong because I asked for a re-test and they took it again 4 days earlier than normal and I was infact ovulating. I have short cycles so don't give up hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->