Found out we are expecting on our anniversary! Help me figure out how far I am!

Jinnah

Reaction score
DH and I were out to dinner for our ten-year anniversary and I brought up how I've gained a few pounds. DH commented that it is all in my stomach, and then we kinda looked at each other... ??? After dinner, we got a pregnancy test and it was positive... the line was a very dark pink (I think it was slightly darker than the control line).

This was good news, as we had just had a miscarriage the month before (8/19/14). I didn't keep track of my LMP after the miscarriage (I wasn't expecting a pregnancy so soon), but since my periods are normally about 26-27 days apart, a good guess would be 9/15/14.

We went in for my OB visit on 11/6/14 and they checked my hormone levels:

156,489 hormone
14.8 progesterone

The nurse called and said I am definitely very pregnant, but we don't know how far as of now. I am scheduled for a sonogram on 11/17/14.

Do those numbers sound about right for about 7 weeks pregnant? Is it possible I didn't really have a miscarriage? With our youngest son, our levels were a little on the low side (about 40,000 - can't remember exactly when that was done, though).

When I was about 7 weeks my levels were close to 50,000. I'd venture to say you're more then 7.

When I was about 7 weeks my levels were close to 50,000. I'd venture to say you're more then 7.

I think with our youngest, we were about that far along (maybe a little less) when I got 40,000, so it does seem high. The weird thing is that if I'm further along, doesn't it mean I didn't have a miscarriage? I would believe that, but I had a sonogram right after the bleeding stopped and they didn't see anything in there and my HCG levels had gone back to negative. This is like a puzzle I can't figure out. :fish::fish::fish::fish::fish:

Sorry about all the fish... That was an accident. :p

Its possible that your last period wasn't really a period. Its possible that you ovulated and what you thought was a period was an early bleed. Unfortunately there's really no way to know without a scan. Thats a very high number for 7 weeks, but I'm no Dr either. Make sure you keep us updated!

Oh, congrats!

Do you remember having a period after your miscarriage? It's possible you conceived right away putting you closer to 11-12 weeks which would fit a bit better with your hcg. Or possibly instead if a period what you had was a light implantation bleed. It's possible to get those levels at 7-8 weeks but they are on the high side for that gestation. Congratulations on your pregnancy, what a lovely anniversary surprise.

Thanks!

I'm honestly not sure. I do remember having a period (just not exactly when in September... I can only guess). It seemed like a period, although I remember thinking it was shorter than it normally is. It wasn't quite as heavy, either. Still, I've had them like that in the past, so I am not sure.

It's kinda driving me crazy not knowing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->