foundation

ablaze

lucky mum of one of each!
Reaction score
who uses what and why? i have really really really dry skin! need something that will stay flake free and looking gorgeous all day! i currently use the max factor one with the cream base coat(its in 2 bits) its ok, but sometimes clings to dry skin :D

Hi

I also have quite dry skin so if it's Christmas time or my birthday I ask for Estee Lauder Individualist foundation, it's expensive but it's really moisturising and lasts for ages.

How about trying a skin teint rather than a foundation? They aren't as heavy as a foundation and often more moisturising.

I use a few different ones, Clinique Double Wear is very good, its very runny, but thick so covers nasty blemishes but doesnt cake.

Christian Dior to a good airbrush one, i've finished that in a few months though so its not very good cost-per-use.

But regardless of foundation, invest in an Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat...genius!

ive tried skin tinters an they just make me look really greasy and oily :? not a good look lol!

steph.. wots Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat?

its a highlighter makeup pen, its the best invention ever, i use it around my eyes and nose and mouth, it makes them brighter, takes away dark circles and draws attention to them...get it at boots

I put on loads of oil of olay on first (my skin gets dry) and i use Rimmel most of the time, - but I don't wear make up every day

yea i only wear make up for goin out lol, forgot to say tht! so is liek once a month :rofl:

If you're going to get a Touche Eclat (they are fab) buy it from Watts Brothers in Glasgow - £14 rather than £22 in Boots!

Oh and forgot to say, why don't you go to Debenhams or Frasers and go round the makeup counters and ask about their foundations, after they've done their sales pitch say that's a lot of money to pay if you're unsure - do they have any testers? Recently I did that at Mac and Estee Lauder and they give you a wee pot with a good size amount in, if you don't wear it often you might never need to actually buy the full size :)

Hi there, im jaimie a beauty therapist the best foundations (my opinion) are dermalogica beauty salons prescribe them for you after looking at your skin they are quite pricey about 24.50, you can get them cheaper on net. jaimiexx:loopy:

Yvanne your really pale skinned aren't you? If you are I have same problemo because of that from foundation just 'sticking' to my skin and you can see it in patches and the same with tints makes me look greasy I spend £30 on one of the counters at boots under stuff and tint what a waste that was. Never found anything so I am considering the tan shop now when bubs is here tbh :D

If you're going to get a Touche Eclat (they are fab) buy it from Watts Brothers in Glasgow - £14 rather than £22 in Boots!

£14....Wow....do they have a web site?? I've ran out and not got around to getting myself a new one yet!!

I have crrraaaazzzzyyyy skin, one week its dry, the next it goes oily and the next its normal & its also quite sensitive........my makeup stash probably weighs more than an Elephant!

I love No7.....Its taken me years to find something that agrees with my skin. Their moisturisers are really good for me and they also do another thing (cnt be assd going to check it) which you use as a foundation base if you have oily skin, it keeps your face matt! (they also do great offers!)

I use their intelligent Balance mousse foundation, however depending on how my skin acts I also use Almay 16hr, or Almay Skin stays clean foundation.

I've used to use Max Factor....I've tried most of thier foundations and I find they go quite tacky.

maybe use just a decent concelaer and some powder to even the tone?

i use really heavy foundation as i have soo many sun spots so my skin is quite patchy.

or try using a base, will stop the foundation sticking to the dry skin.

I swear by Clinique Super Balance foundation. £18 for a bottle that lasts me about 6 months and I use it every day.

I spent out on Clinique face care & fountain about 3 mnths ago and I found it a waste of money - I guess its a game huh some things go with some and not for others however gutted at that price :lol:

I use a few different ones, Clinique Double Wear is very good, its very runny, but thick so covers nasty blemishes but doesnt cake.

Christian Dior to a good airbrush one, i've finished that in a few months though so its not very good cost-per-use.

But regardless of foundation, invest in an Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat...genius![/quote]

expensive but totally worth it i LOVE my Yves range i spent £145 on make up from them, it lasts ages and the foudation leaves your skin flawless!!

I used Revlon - for everyday use, My Ives is special occasions!

xxx

The mascara is amazing too!!!

I knocked some off my mum the other day and its fab, i love big long thick eyelashes!!!It really makes them stand out

https://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/880...nt+touche+eclat+radiant+touch+no1/pid/4212936

I'm just about to order one - £13.90 including delivery. It better be as good as you say girls!

Oh, and do it through Quidco for 4% cashback!:happydance:

Yves range i have:

The foundation
The concealer - BRILLIANT hides ALL Dark circles!
The mascara
The Blusher compact
the liquid eye Liner

All FAB! I honestly swear by it, but expensive!

xxx

My favorite foundation to use is the Covergirl TrueBlend. Its nice and creamy, but dries to a nice matte, not greasy finish. I really like it alot, although right now, I'm just using some regular cheap-o foundation. The True Blend costs like $9.00 or so at any drug store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->