France and measles!!

debralouise

Mummy to Grace and Jack x
Reaction score
hi ladies, DH, DD and I are off to France in August and you prob heard that there is a major outbreak of measles - Im going to ask the doctor for Grace's 2nd MMR jab as she has only had one but I am worried whether its safe for me??

Any advice?

xx

What are you asking if measles is safe if you got it or the MMR?

The answer to both is NO!

I had a new MMR before TTC my son, but i wanst allowed to TTC for 30 days after it as there is a risk baby could get rubella from the vaccine which would cause abnormalities or death.

Measles is risky in pregnancy too.

As for going, its up to you, there is a risk to everything, there is measles in Swansea at the moment too, i havnt taken any special measures to avoid it but i wouldnt knowingly expose myself to it.

Any public transport increases your risk, like airtravel, as the air-conditioning is recycled which is why lots of people get ill on planes.

Saying that you could go and be perfectly fine and you could stay and get exposed to it here, there is a risk but there is a risk to everything, its weighing it up for yourself. Ask your MW if you need more info, she will prob say its fine but avoid "spotty" people lol!

Maybe you can ask your doctor to check your immunity to give you peace of mind. I know I was tested in my last pregnancy (but I can't remember at what week, sorry) and they said my immunity was low, so they tested again later on and my immunity was gone then and they were quite panicked. They wouldn't let me leave the hospital after giving birth without having the booster. It's quite serious in pregnancy, but, that being said, I wouldn't let it spoil my trip. Just find out what extra precautions you need to take. :)

Have you been vaccinated? It would be worth checking with MW as they may be able to check your level of immunity...

But personally i would def get dd topped up!

Thanks ladies, I was asking if it meant possibly cancelling the trip coz of the danger and also whether I would be at risk.
I have no idea about whether I've had the vaccine, my mum also can't remember - haha genius!

I think i'll ask the mw to check my immunity and then see what she suggests, I just don't want to put myself at extra risk for a holiday - not worth it.

Thanks again ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"