Francesca's Entrance into the World

LynnieH

Reaction score
Thought it was about time I gave out the details...

I decided fairly early on in my pregnancy I would have a planned section. I had a section with Jonny because of failure to progress and a back to back forehead presentation. I had been in labour for two and a half days and only made it to 4cms dilation. I was exhausted and relieved when they gave me the section and don't really remember much about it. They told me this baby would be big too (DS was 9lb2oz) and that information sealed the deal for me. I would have a section and remember this baby's birth clearly.

I was admitted the day before the section at 3.30pm, Jonny, OH, and my parents came with me. I wanted Jonny to see where I was, he went home with my mum and dad. At 4.30 they came and checked my temperature, blood pressure and checked the baby. They explained what would happen over the next day or so. At 6pm the anaethetist came and told me about the spinal block I would have for the section, she also talked about pain relief. I decided to have morphine injections and voltarol suppositories. The next person to visit was the registrar who talked about the operation and got me to sign consent. My final visitor for the day was the physiotherapist who talk about recovering from the op and gave me some leaflets. Lee left that night at about 7.30pm and I watched TV all evening.

At midnight they gave me a zantac for stomach acid and i was told not to eat anything. I hardly slept a wink. The lady in the next bed had her light on all night as she already had her baby and was feeding and the two ladies opposite were snoring! At 6am they gave me another Zantac. Lee arrived at 8.30 and we were told that there were three sections that day and they didn't know what the order would be. At 9.15 they took a ldy having twins up for her section. I wasn't first. We waited....... At 11.45 they took the lady opposite up. I was last. One of the midwives told me to pack my things as I would be coming back to a different ward. We waited....... At 12.45 they told me they were assessing a lady on labour ward for an emergancy section. We waited.... At 1 pm the lady opposisite came back with her babyAt 1.15 they brought me a hospital gown and said they still didn't know when I would go up. 15 mins later they came for me. I walked up stairs and they took Lee off to get gowned up. They gave me a local anaesthetic and then my spinal block injection. They moved me onto the table and I started to go numb.

After a couple of minutes Lee arrived, looking very ER. I suddenly felt really sick, they tilted the operating table and put somrthing in my drip to stop the sickness, it lifted quickly. They spayed me in different places with an ice cold spray to test the numbness and washed my bump with disinfectant. They put up a screen and started the op.

The surgeon decided that she couldn't go in through my previous scar because it was too high. After about ten minutes they told me to get ready for a pulling sensation.. It felt like somone stretching my stomach but there was no pain. I heard a tiny cry and they shouted its a girl! I didn't believe them and said 'show me'. They did and I promptly burst into tears as did Lee. She was born at 2.27pm. They put her on me skin to skin while they finished the operation. after about five minutes Lee and Francesca went through to recovery to have her checked and weighed.They sewed me up and wheeled me through. Lee was having skin to skin and they told me she was only 7lb2oz. She looked so tiny. I fed her and she latched on to me straight away. They wheeled us down to the ward. I hadn't changed beds afterall. We got downstairs at about 4pm and Lee went to make calls.

I was uncomfortable but putting a brave face on it when visitors arrived at 6.30pm. Jonny was over the moon to meet his sister but worried about me and wanted to know when I would be home. My parents were there and lee's parents turned up. Iwas in alot of pain and called for some morphine. The woman opposite was laughing and joking and looked really comfortable. This made me cry and get pretty hysterical. I wanted to feel good and I wanted everyone to go home. Eventually they did. I had a hellish night. Frankie wouldn't settle except on the breast, the midwife took her about 4.30am for an hour so I could sleep but she wouldn't settle for her either. All the ladies on the ward had a bad night and we were all exhausted.

They came and took my drips and catheter out at 9.30am and Told me that I could get up and go to the loo when I felt up to it. I got u and washed at 11am and was allowed a shower at 2.30 pm. The day flew by and I was feeling pretty good by the evening. i had visitors, my best friend and her boyfriend. I had a better sleep and woke up feeling eally good. At 10am the paediatrician came and checked out Frankie, the SHO came to see me and they decided I could go home that afternoon. I was made up - I went home only 48 hours after the birth of my little girl.
https://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1/LynnieH/FrankieLou1004.jpg

Want to know how you can look so good lyng on a table ... i looked like hell on earth when i had maddie!!!
Glad you had your ideal birth ... and Frankie STILL as gorgeous as she is in that pic if not even cuter!!

xxx

wow great story hun. the pictures look fantastic of you and your family

Awwwwwwwww that is a great story hun!! Congratulations again babe, she is adorable! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->