Freaking out about Clear Blue Digi...

mummytotwo84

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first time on these forums so firstly hello!

I have two children already and found out that I am pregnant with my third.

I found out really early about 10DPO and last Tuesday I got a 2-3 on a clear blue digi so would have been 4 +2. I am 5 +1 today and tested and am still on 2-3.

With both my previous pregnancies I got a 3+ on a digi at exactly 5+1. I am so terrified it means I am going to miscarry. Also I found out so early this time with positive test results from 10 DPO, surely that means that by now I should have enough HCG in my system to get a 3+?

With my previous pregnancies I didn't get a positive test result until the day before my period but I still got a 3+ at 5 +1.

I am just so so worried, it's all I can think about.

When did you all get a 3+ if you did one?

Thanks in advance if you reply. x

Ok, time to step away from the tests! It's hard but it will drive you crazy.
Every pregnancy is different so you'll get different lines on different tests and your wee could have been slightly diluted this time or extra concentrated last time...it's still perfectly normal so get a 2-3 result at 5+1, maybe try again at 6 weeks or at least closer to it, if you absolutely have to test! You could have even ovulated a day later than you think, putting you at just 5 weeks...it's really great that you've had all these positive tests from so early on and there's been no pain or bleeding :) so congratulations & enjoy!

What gem said. :)

No more testing. No reason to. It won't tell you anything.

Thanks ladies, I was hoping not to be as nervous this time round but it seems I am just as bad.

Do you have any symptoms yet? At 5 weeks and a day I have absolutely nothing whatsoever!

I'm super nervous too! One thing this forum has taught me is that worrying all the time is completely normal! I was much worse with my first though, I was so nervous at my first scan I missed them calling me in because I was throwing up outside...hoping not to be that bad this time around.
Symptom wise all I had with my first was tender boobs, but this time around I have nausea, light headedness, boobs are only sore when touched but still hurt, my blood sugar is all off which doesn't help! You're lucky to have no symptoms, you can enjoy it hehe, lots of ladies on here are symptom free, I'm very jealous!

I had the same thing, 2-3 twice when I was sure it should have been a 3+. Opened them up and the last 2-3 was definitely far darker so I think it just missed the mark. I took another a few days later and got my 3+ :)
Have read a lot about these tests being quite misleading and one girl even went from 2-3 to 1-2 before getting a 3+. So don't worry.

I only kept testing as I bought packs of two tests in a tesco clearance for £2.50 so had some spare! :haha:

Def dont worry hun...another few days and ull av it..

I took 1-2 sat 22nd aug
2-3 monday 24th aug
2-3 friday 29th
3 plus saturday 30th xx 1 week after my 1-2

https://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n607/emma4g63/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/2015-08-31_20.37.51_zpsfgfvr6wl.jpg

I'm 5+1 today as well. I took a CB digi a week a go and got 2-3 so saved the other one to take today. I was relieved to get a 3+, but I don't really think it's stopped me worrying much.

I'm the opposite to Gem, as I seem to be worrying more this time round. With DS1, I got a BFP at 4+3 and just was happy that I was pregnant and that was it. By the time I had DS2, I was more aware of how common early losses are so worried a bit more. Having had two uncomplicated pregnancies and births, I now worry that my luck might change.

I'm 5+1 today as well. I took a CB digi a week a go and got 2-3 so saved the other one to take today. I was relieved to get a 3+, but I don't really think it's stopped me worrying much.

I'm the opposite to Gem, as I seem to be worrying more this time round. With DS1, I got a BFP at 4+3 and just was happy that I was pregnant and that was it. By the time I had DS2, I was more aware of how common early losses are so worried a bit more. Having had two uncomplicated pregnancies and births, I now worry that my luck might change.

I also worry my luck could change, fine pregnancy with ds1, conceived both baby's first month trying....this time I'm not reminding myself how nervous I was with Jenson, I'd examine daily how much of a % I was likely to miscarry that day, and scare myself crap. It wasn't healthy. This is my last so I'm trying to enjoy it. Knowledge can be power, but knowing too much can be evil too.

It's crazy the things we worry about when there's absolutely nothing we can do about it. This will be our last too so I'm really going to try to relax now and enjoy it.

Those tests are bologna. I still got a 2-3 at 5+1 and I went and got beta done that day. My HCG was 7661, off the charts for a singleton at that stage and into the twin range! You're supposed to be able to get a 3+ with anything over 2600, but the tests are so faulty, it's a joke. Pay them no attention!

Thankfully my Clearblue weeks indicator all went up during the 3 weeks I took the tests. BUT I was nervous the weeks would not go up every week, th last one I took I was expecting a 3+ and as I was waiting for it to show up I felt like I was gasping for air. The reason I was so nervous was because I heard how often these tests will keep showing the same number of weeks throughout a couple of weeks. What I read was sometimes your urine could be diluted so therefor the HCG is not as strong so it shows less weeks. If all goes well this pregnancy will most likely be my last. If I do ever end up pregnant again by any chance I will buy those week indicators again and it will be that same crazy nervous ordeal again.

I took my first at 11DPO and got 1-2 , then 14DPO I got 2-3 then at 19DPO I got 3+
So they work sometimes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"