Freaking out and feeling alone

kat132

3 boys
Reaction score
I am pregnant with my 3rd which was planned but i really didnt think it would happen for some reason. When the test came back positive i was over the moon and smiling from ear to ear. The longer the pregnancy goes on the more i am completely freaking out! I dont know how i will manage a baby again, sleepless nights with 2 kids at school with homework. Going back to baby and toddler years again after just this year getting out of all of it as my youngest is going to school. My hubby works long hours and my mum and dad will be moving abroad a month after baby is born :nope: so going to be on my own most of the time.

I keep crying when no one is around and i dont feel like i can talk to my partner as he will think i am mad as i wanted this pregnancy, to be honest i am feeling a bit batty that i am feeling this way and i think that is making my emotions worse!

I think i might have to tell my friend so i can talk to her about how i am feeling, or maybe my mum. My anxiety is sky high and i feel like i am arguing with myself all day in my head :wacko: (told you i am batty)

Rant over :dohh:

*hugs* pregnant with my 3rd and concerned about how I will handle it as well, will sub and post more later from computer.

I'm with you. This too was a planned 3rd baby for us. I have a DD who is 4 and a DS who is 2. My son had a stroke as a baby as has additional needs as a result. He does really well, but still has physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy. My dh works long hours and isn't great at seeing what needs doing around the house. I feel.utterly overwhelmed at times. I do believe that the baby will be good for all of us for different reasons, but I'm scared as to how I'll cope. I worry I won't manage my son's therapy needs and give my daughter the time and attention she deserves. However my son will also flourish as an older brother and my daughter is a sweetheart who will adore and be so helpful with another sibling. I am worried. There are times I feel really upset. I believe I will find a way to muddle through, but right now I don't know how. I'm sorry this isn't much help, I just want you to know that you're not alone. Hugs. X

DS will be 4 and DD will be 2 when the new one arrives, it is overwhelming to even think about!

I'm with you. This too was a planned 3rd baby for us. I have a DD who is 4 and a DS who is 2. My son had a stroke as a baby as has additional needs as a result. He does really well, but still has physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy. My dh works long hours and isn't great at seeing what needs doing around the house. I feel.utterly overwhelmed at times. I do believe that the baby will be good for all of us for different reasons, but I'm scared as to how I'll cope. I worry I won't manage my son's therapy needs and give my daughter the time and attention she deserves. However my son will also flourish as an older brother and my daughter is a sweetheart who will adore and be so helpful with another sibling. I am worried. There are times I feel really upset. I believe I will find a way to muddle through, but right now I don't know how. I'm sorry this isn't much help, I just want you to know that you're not alone. Hugs. X

It's very scary! Do you have family to help you? I don't have any as we have all moved to different places over the years. I keep crying. I suffer with anxiety so that doesn't help either. It wasn't a problem but since falling pregnant it's reared its ugly head again.
I am lucky in the fact that my youngest starts school just before baby is here so it will be me and baby 6 hours a day 5 days a week but then they both come home :dohh:
I am sure we will all battle through but it's nice to let your feeling out to people that actually understand :hugs:

I don't have any advice... just wanted to say I'm right there with ya! I have a 7 and a 5 year old. I've wanted a third baby for a long time now and my husband finally decided he was ready. We got pregnant the first month of trying and now I'm like... what did we do??? I honestly think it's just hormones messing with our heads!

It's very scary! Do you have family to help you? I don't have any as we have all moved to different places over the years. I keep crying. I suffer with anxiety so that doesn't help either. It wasn't a problem but since falling pregnant it's reared its ugly head again.
I am lucky in the fact that my youngest starts school just before baby is here so it will be me and baby 6 hours a day 5 days a week but then they both come home :dohh:
I am sure we will all battle through but it's nice to let your feeling out to people that actually understand :hugs:

My dh's family are nearby but I don't find them very supportive or helpful unfortunately. My own family are 3 hours away so I do feel isolated. I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety. I bet hormones aren't helping! I hope these feeling subside a little after 1st tri. Do you have any strategies or medications that might help? I worry how I'll do the school run and bedtimes solo! And the thought of washing more clothes sends a shiver down my spine. I guess at 5 and 3 my other two will at least be a little bit more independent in some ways.

I'm with you ladies. I kept having second thoughts about my third too even though she was planned and very much wanted after mmc. Thankfully when she was born she fit in like a book and ended up being my best baby. I was worried since my DS is currently in speech therapy because he was born prematurely. He had the cord wrapped around his neck which was cutting off oxygen to his brain so he had to be born quickly. It was scary. He is still slightly behind his peers but is catching up in leaps and bounds. Baby #4 was a surprise and now I'm worrying about how I'll handle everything especially since my youngest is only 6 months old :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->