freaking out during early labour!!

jadekay

Reaction score
ok so im due in 3 weeks and cant wait, i thought i was totally prepared for labour until today when i experienced my first dose of pretty bad false labour. I was having kind of regular pains and lower back pain continuously.. I freaked out! Not hysterically but in my head i deffs lost it! My heart was beating 100 miles per hour and i was almost having a panic attack! I mean what the hell! I want to be somewhat relaxed when i go into labour to be able to think straight? I know its going to happen for real soon and i dont want to freak out?? Any advice! Thanks

I am getting to the point where I'm just ready to have my LO due to being so uncomfortable so I just keep telling myself every time I have contractions...that it's going to happen and it will be over soon enough and I'll have my LO :)

Get down to some pregnancy yoga classes and buy relaxation/hypnosis CD's you still have time to learn how to relax and have a positive mental attitude.

ok so im due in 3 weeks and cant wait, i thought i was totally prepared for labour until today when i experienced my first dose of pretty bad false labour. I was having kind of regular pains and lower back pain continuously.. I freaked out! Not hysterically but in my head i deffs lost it! My heart was beating 100 miles per hour and i was almost having a panic attack! I mean what the hell! I want to be somewhat relaxed when i go into labour to be able to think straight? I know its going to happen for real soon and i dont want to freak out?? Any advice! Thanks

same! had a fake contraction this morning and I swear when it is the real time I just know I'm going to crap my pants and throw up at the same time!

If you have iTunes I highly recommend "Hypnobirthing - Birthing from the inside out" by Michelle Leclaire O'neill as a way to prepare yourself mentally. It is a guided meditation that teaches you how to relax and and cope through your labour.

Three main things in handling labour IMO are 1) Focus on steady, deep breathing through your contractions 2) As soon as you feel a contraction coming relax your hands and jaw to help the rest of your body relax 3) Focus on handling what is happening NOW instead of thinking about what is coming next or later in the process...so long as you are coping NOW you will always be coping.

Lx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"