Freaking out....

Julymom2be

Izzy's Mummy :)
Reaction score
So me and OH are obviously together and couldn't be happier. I had discussed with him previously about his name not being on the birth certificate. He didn't seem happy about it but now he's saying his names going to be on there. Don't get me wrong I love him and we have planned out the next couple years and I couldn't be happier with him. I'm so scared because I think he's gonna try to take my baby away from me if we fight if his names on there. Ughh!!!!

His name can be put on there as the father of her and still have your last name. I'm worried about this also but OH is older so I have to use my last name. If I were you I'd just tell him you want LO to have your last name until you get married or along those lines.

He could do that any way with a court ordered paternety test? I would just put his name on there if hes the father.....If he takes you to court over the baby a paternety test can cost like $500 and if it turns up his you get to pay that.

either way the baby is going to have his DNA, i think it's fair to put his name on the birth certificate IMO.

It's your choice if you put your OH on the birth certficiate. He can't force you to. Although he could take you to court to get a paternity test to be put on the certficate. Is there a reason why you don't want his name on there?

Honestly, if he's the biological father, then his name SHOULD be on their. The father has rights too hun. As worrying as it is about if you fought then he might try and take your LO away, he's still got a right to be on their. Trust me, I know what you're going through. Me and OH have been very rocky recently, but his name is on my daughter's birth certificate. His name isn't YET on my sons, but the only reason for that is that he was working full time and couldn't make the birth certificate appointment. He will go on when we can make a second appointment.
x

In Northern Ireland, it is against the law not to put the FOB on the birth certificate. Regardless of whether or not you are still together.

Why would you not want his name on there? He is the father, so his name should be on there, but that doesn't mean that LO has to have his last name.

if you love him then it shouldnt be a problem. And he cant just take the baby without proof of neglect or abuse etc.

Like everyone has said he can go to court for a paternity test to get his name on the birth certificate, but the baby doesn't have to take his last name. He can't take your babgy if you ever break up unless like hillary said that there was proof of neglect or abuse. If you broke up you would have to go to a judge and get a custody agreement in which the court would make a schedule for when each parent can have time with the child. Usually equal in time for each parent depending on the situation. He would also owe you child support if you two were to break up, but this wouldn't be the case if he wasn't listed as the father and you wouldn't receive any money to help for your babies expenses.

see I have similar views, but more about bub having his last name. I wouldnt stop him from having his name on there. I'm pretty damn sure me and OH are staying together for a long time, but I know ALOT of people who have had babies with guys and given their babies his last name and then when they break up and the guy wants nothing to do with mum or bub you cant change the last name without his permission and last name. That how it works here anyways. But I'm happy for OH to be on birth certificate

I think his name should be on there, hon. He could have it forced to be on there if he wanted it to be. Good luck. :flower:

I want his name on there but my mom doesn't have the same view I do and I don't want to upset her.

I want his name on there but my mom doesn't have the same view I do and I don't want to upset her.

But what if things don't work out between you and your OH and you have no proof he is the father? He wouldn't have visiting rights to his child and he certainly wouldn't have to pay you child support! Have you told your mum that? :wacko:

At the end of the day this is your child and your decision. You are the mother after-all but if you want your child to (legally) know who their father is- then why wouldn't you put his name on the Birth Certificate? Your child doesn't have to have his last name just because he is his registered father...

Hun this is yours guys baby. I understand you dont want to upset you mom but This is your decision.
He deserves to be put on the birth certificate.
Like the other girls said he wont be paying you any child support or ever get to see the baby if you dont.

Just because your mom doesn't like him/the idea of his name being on the baby's birth certificate doesn't change the fact that he's the baby's father. It really shouldn't matter to her what's on the birth certificate at all. If he needs to prove he's the baby's father for any reason, he can just have a paternity test done, so it's really pointless to intentionally not put his name on the birth certificate. What's the point of not putting it on there anyway?

Seems a little unfair not to have his name on it. LO is his too so I fully support his side. I don't want to sound harsh towards your Mum but maybe she should back off a bit?

I could see what your mother meant if she just meant not giving the baby the fathers last name but I do not see why she wouldn't want him on there unless she does not see him as a fit father. God forbid something were to happen to you. If he is not on there then there is no way he can have her or even see her for that matter. Or if you to break up then he does not have to pay child support but also has no rights to her which is not fair at all to him. I think you need to find out your moms reasoning and try and compromise with her. Maybe if you told her why you want him on there then she would compromise to listing him on there as long as baby has your last name?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->