Freaking the f$&@ out

yotamama

Reaction score
Hi ladies! Well I just had my BFP on Sunday. Yay! Why am I freaking? I ahead my first miscarriage last August. My second miscarriage January. I am crossing my fingers the third time is the charm, because I can't deal with another loss. I am just so nervous. The kicker is I feel like this is déjà vu! The dates Are almost identical to my first miscarriage. I just wish I could be I. Week 13 to feel better already....this will be a long first trimester. :sulk:

Sorry about your losses hun! Fingers crossed this is your rainbow baby xx

Sorry for your losses :hugs: . However congrats on your BFP! :happydance: .PAL is such a stressful time, especially in the early days. However wrong it seems, having two miscarriages before a healthy pregnancy is extremely common which is why women in the UK don't get tested for any causes until they've had three.

I had my son after having two miscarriages and I was terrified that it was going to happen again when I was pregnant with him, however it didn't and I now have a beautiful 2 year old! When I was having him and going through the stress of worrying about losing him people said to me things which helped me stay positive.

One was, to take it one day at a time, and if things are ok at this point in time then they are going ok so no point worrying unless you have any cause to worry. Also, another thing was, this is a completely new pregnancy, a new sperm and a new egg, so try to look it at this way rather than focusing on the past. I won't go through them all, but another one was, instead of counting the days until 13 weeks, break it down into stages. Statistics have suggested the risk of miscarriage decreases at 6 weeks and again at 8 weeks, this might make the first trimester pass quicker.

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy, I hope this is your rainbow baby!

x

Thank you! I agree I think I am just scared. The last 2 didn't make it past 6 weeks, so as soon as I am there I will sigh a huge breath of relief. Fingers and toes crossed for sure.

I had 2 miscarriages before my son too, he's now a happy, healthy almost 2 year old! I didn't really accept this pregnancy until I saw the scan, even now it feels a bit unreal as I almost expected the same to happen.

PAL is hard, but there's plenty of ladies on here who have had multiple losses and gone on to have successful pregnancies. Good luck.

I had 3 that didn't make it past 6 weeks- I'm more than twice that now, and am only just beginning to get excited (still scared though).

Can you get your progesterone checked? I took it this time around, and was told today I can finally stop. That could have made the difference...

Good luck! Hope this is your rainbow!

I had 3 that didn't make it past 6 weeks- I'm more than twice that now, and am only just beginning to get excited (still scared though).

Can you get your progesterone checked? I took it this time around, and was told today I can finally stop. That could have made the difference...

Good luck! Hope this is your rainbow!

I had my progesterone checked with my last one. It wouldn't have made a difference as my progesterone levels were fine. I can ask, but I am waiting on my first appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->