Free 15 hours of nursery at 2?

BrokenfoREVer

Goth Mummy (:
Reaction score
I called up my local nursary to find out how to put his name down for his free 15 hours when he turns 2 in dec.

The woman told my their nursery starts at 3 & he'd need to go into day care :shrug:

Day care costs 20-32 pounds A DAY!! I was sure he got free nursary at 2(I'm not working atm)

My all-knowing ex has been informed by his baby mama 3 that I'll get a letter saying he is entitled & to go from there.

But I trust you guys more. So does anyone have any info about this? Should I wait for a letter? If one hasn't come by his birthday should I call up(I know where to call)
Anyone dealt with this?

If he is entitled to a funded place he will be able to take it up in any setting that caters for his age group and has spaces available

You won't need to pay in a private nursery if you are only using his funded hours

The current eligibility criteria for the 2 year old funding are if one parent is receiving one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Employment & Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit but NOT Working Tax Credit, annual income less than £16,190
- Income based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Guaranteed Element of Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999

If he is not eligible, then he will have to wait for the early years funding which start the term after he turns 3. It sounds like the setting you approached is a nursery school instead of a nursery, so try asking around. There should be a list of providers who accept the 2 year old funding on your council's website.

Im not sure if I am correct in saying this but I believe its a scheme rolled out by 'Flying Start' and only certain nurseries accept the 2yr funding. It was my HV that pointed me in the right direction, so might be worth speaking to your HV and asking them where the nurseries are that you can take advantage of this :o)

I got told today that it follows the same criteria as free school.dinners and is the term after there 2nd birthday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->