Freebirthing?? D:

Incredible! Very brave women indeed. Bit scary to watch lol and that first lady, wow. How did she find the mental strength to overcome all of the pain? Not for me but fascinating to know women are making these choices for themselves.

agreed. :3

I understand where they're coming from, I love the idea of a natural home birth, as nature intended. But the American lady who had no idea where her placenta was, had absolutely no prenatal care, I think she was pushing it! The first lady was quite inspirational though, I'll try and take her advice when my turn comes.

I got a little angry at the woman who said "this is my body, I have to experience this, I have to do it the way I want it". I agree, you should have that right and that option, but what about your baby? You're not the only person involved. You're responsible for somebody else too. What if something were to happen? I'd have a professional on standby at least for my baby's sake.

I understand where they're coming from, I love the idea of a natural home birth, as nature intended. But the American lady who had no idea where her placenta was, had absolutely no prenatal care, I think she was pushing it! The first lady was quite inspirational though, I'll try and take her advice when my turn comes.

I got a little angry at the woman who said "this is my body, I have to experience this, I have to do it the way I want it". I agree, you should have that right and that option, but what about your baby? You're not the only person involved. You're responsible for somebody else too. What if something were to happen? I'd have a professional on standby at least for my baby's sake.

I fully agree!! She has her own rights, but she needs to think about the other as well. :c

The first birth was really inspiring! She made it look so easy and painless! I've seen elsewhere that it's possible to actually make the birth process a lot less painful (and sometimes even make it feel good!) with mental coaching and just letting your body do its thing. I think part of the reason it hurts so much is just expecting it to hurt! But I haven't been through it yet so I'll probably end up putting my foot in my mouth in 5 months...

As for freebirthing...I think it's horrible to be discriminated against or even persecuted! It IS a choice but I agree that there is another life to consider as well. I don't think there would be anything wrong with having a midwife present at a homebirth, just to be a little safer.

The first birth was really inspiring! She made it look so easy and painless! I've seen elsewhere that it's possible to actually make the birth process a lot less painful (and sometimes even make it feel good!) with mental coaching and just letting your body do its thing. I think part of the reason it hurts so much is just expecting it to hurt! But I haven't been through it yet so I'll probably end up putting my foot in my mouth in 5 months...

As for freebirthing...I think it's horrible to be discriminated against or even persecuted! It IS a choice but I agree that there is another life to consider as well. I don't think there would be anything wrong with having a midwife present at a homebirth, just to be a little safer.

Again- I agree with home birthing. just be safe about it. [eg; have a professional on hand.]

being persecuted over personal choices is ridiculous in this sense. having a baby the way you want to..? come on, gov't.. lol

I think the main reason having a baby is mostly painful is because in all births I've seen taking place in a hospital setting- the doctor says, 'Okay, you're dilated, lets push!' instead of letting baby slowly make its own way out, you know? :3 that's my thoughts on that.

that was great...i like how the baby popped out and she's like "fuck!" haha. i think i may say the same thing when it's all done.

I'm scared to watch the video. I would not want to give birth anywhere but at the hospital, because you never know what could happen.

I'm scared to watch the video. I would not want to give birth anywhere but at the hospital, because you never know what could happen.

It's not scary at all! All you see is three live, home births. I think they're actually very beautiful :flower:

After knowing what can happen during childbirth from experience there is NO WAY i would ever do something like this. I respect the decision that people dont want a midwife or anybody around, but i think it is in the best interest for the safety of mum and bub to have somebody on stand by 9just my opinion don't shoot me). I get that this is how it used to be done back in the day, but so much more went wrong back then as no intervention was available. Big ups to those ladies though, they are very brave!

I only watched the 1st video as i'm pressed for time, i will watch the 2nd one later, but i LOVE watching birthing videos (i am going to be a midwife), and I couldnt believe how calm the lady in the pool was lol she was just laxed out, and out came a baby. i wish that was what birth was like for everybody :haha:

Oh wow! isnt that a wee bit dangerous? I know they did it in the 1800's but there was also a way higher mother and baby mortality rate. Hmmm I dont know how good of an idea this is. And ya I am a pussy mind the french cant handle stuff like that lol

This point has been raised before in a bid to justify it to me as being OK and safe enough - women did it in the old days but women didn't free birth - they village elders would assist them so whilst bit medically trained, the elders had seen it before and could offer basic assistance.

Personally I totally disagree with free birthing

I would definitely be too afraid to go the freebirthing route. I'm currently seeing an OB, as it's quite difficult to find midwives where I'm at in the US (midwives are not common). The nearest birthing center is an hour away, and I'm a bit worried that that's too far. I would love to have a more natural birth with just a midwife nearby to assist though.

To be honest, the woman from Colorado going to a walmart to check her blood pressure.. my first thought was that she didn't have any insurance. It's absolutely crazy that she wouldn't have gotten any check ups throughout her pregnancy and have that risk. I'm temporarily without insurance (just this month) and for my appointments this month, it'll cost me $800. A bit obscene really.

i had a homebirth with my second and it was amazing. corey was alomst here before the midwife so i laboured without medical assistance and gave birth the way i wanted to, i ignored her and did what my body wanted.

again it was amazing, i had a hospital birth with my first and by far my homebirth was easier. it isnt for everyone but its far better to listen to ur own body and to be relaxed. freebirthing wasnt just in the 1800's, most births in the 50's were at home. its alot more common then people think

im having a homebirth with a mw actully she said there will be 2 of them, i would be far too scared to go it alone compleatly but i do want them to leave me alone to labour by myself in my own way and i absolutly do not want them to touch me while im labouring so i will not be giving permission to internals

After knowing what can happen during childbirth from experience there is NO WAY i would ever do something like this. I respect the decision that people dont want a midwife or anybody around, but i think it is in the best interest for the safety of mum and bub to have somebody on stand by 9just my opinion don't shoot me). I get that this is how it used to be done back in the day, but so much more went wrong back then as no intervention was available. Big ups to those ladies though, they are very brave!

Yes I agree with that.

I had a freebirth with my second daughter. Best birth ever!

My son was born in the ambulance.

My first born was an emergency induction in the hospital.

Planning another freebirth this time.

I think freebirthing is totally irrisponsible. I have never had any major complications but 3 of my children had their cords wrapped tightly round their necks. If there was no one there-what then? The baby has to come first. Homebirthing is not the same and is miles safer. Babies and mothers died frequently without correct care!

even though everyone has a right to do things how they want. and i respect mothers who give birth alone without any trained person there. but really? that is really dangerous! i love how one of the women was there saying "im not scared. when people worry then get tense then they feel pain and its the pain they fear" then she's there screaming going "im scared!!!!" :dohh: i dont even want my birth to be natural... i want to be as calm as i can be so im not putting my baby under any more stress than he already will be so im having as much or as little pain relief as i feel i need at the time.

With my freebirth I had the ambulance en route to transport us afterwards and check out the baby. With my daughter it wasnt planned, I just had her to fast for assistance. EMTs arrived 5 minutes after giving birth to her. Even though I will freebirth, I will not stay at home afterwards.

i've just started watching and im quite shocked already!
i don't think i could do it without someone there at home.

don't women need a shot to get rid of the placenta properly? obviously i know you can birth it without but aren't there risks with that??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->