Freezing homemade sweets and biscuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

SugarFairy

Reaction score
I'm intending to make truffles, coconut ice and cookies/shortbread bisuits. Is it ok to make them in advance, say beginning of December, freeze them, then defrost them a couple of days before xmas? Will it change the taste or texture, make them sticky? TIA ladies : )

chocolate and water should never touch each other! so truffles id say were a big nono, the cookies..i always make up my batches of dough and make it into big sausages in cling film and freeze it, then you can just cut slices of the frozen dough off and stick em on a baking tray when u need some!

it depends what your putting in the truffles, is it just choc? if its a different filling you could make the filling, roll them into balls or what ever shape your doing then freeze them like that, then defrost them and cover them in choc.. but make sure when your defrosting them that its not to warm or they will just melt so bad and loose there shape

as for the biscuits i would bake them til there solid but not done if you know what i mean.. then when you want to use them finish them off in the oven they should taste just as fresh but dont wait too long to freeze them after they have part cooked, once you take them out the oven let them cool then cover really well then freeze

good luck

i wouldnt if it was me why spend all thye time making lovely home made gifts then freeze them and ruin them or given them that freezer taste? x

Thanks ladies. Soph I agree but am just a bit worried that I'll get to a few days before xmas and LO will have a crazy few days and not let me do anything. At least if its done in advance there's no panic if he's having a whingey day. Maybe I'll do a trial run to see how long it all takes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back