Frequency of BD during fertile window??

Sarahtonyn

Reaction score
Hi,

What are your thoughts on how frequently to have sex during your fertile window? I know this is controversial and I have read so many different opinions. I have heard every other day, every day, or as much as possible as long as you wait at least 12 hours. I recently read about the "twice in one hour" method. My husband and I have usually done it every day, sometimes twice a day,
for each cycle. We tested his sperm count at home after only 12 hours of abstaining because I wanted to see the results according to our normal pattern of frequency during my fertile window. He was positive (meaning he had at least the minimum amount), so I am hoping that means twice a day is just fine. Thoughts on this? Thank you!

What I was told by my RE is that if sperm count/quality is normal, you can have sex as much as you want during the fertile window and it won't be affected. If it isn't, then either every day or every other day is fine so the sperm can regenerate as much as possible. Sperm can live up to 5 days so there will be plenty of "stock" in there even if you only go every other day.

Also keep in mind that people get pregnant from having sex once during the fertile time. As long as there are no health/fertility issues, try not to worry about it.

On a personal side note - twice a day?? Holy ****. I miss those days, haha. You're stronger than I can be!

Thank you! That helps to know what an expert would say. I am an "information gatherer" and perfectionist, so I tend to obsess about whether we are doing everything we can. Thank you for the reassurance.

And haha! Although my husband would strongly disagree, I know twice a day consistently is not realistic (we have jobs and kids, and I need more sleep than he does). But we are having fun trying! Yesterday it was 3 times in one day, and we have plan to do the same today. I will probably be glad to rest next week during the 2ww. Lol!

We usually do every other day, and I have been pregnant 3 times (1 miscarriage) by doing this. Im on my third cycle of TTC #3 and we have done every day this month during FW. We will see how it goes! O day today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->