Frequent Checks?

x-amy-x

Mammy
Reaction score
Hello!

Thanks to wobbs and SC for the new section!

for those of u who don't kno me, my name's Amy, i'm 20 years old. I have a little girl called Caitlyn (19 months) and I lost my little girl Evie last year at nearly 21 weeks.

I am just wondering if any of you similar situations have been monitored more closely this pregnancy?? What has been done this time that wasn't done last time etc??

I have had bits of bleeding this pregnancy already and i'm terrified that the same thing is going to happen again. Just looking for some reassurance that the MWs and Drs might help me more this time.

xxx

Hey hun,

It's a wonderful section isn't it? I remember at the time when you lost Evie and my heart went out to you then and still does. I am sure she will be looking over you and will be very proud to be a big sister :hugs:

Have you spoken to anyone about your bleeding? I had bleeding last week and went straight to A&E. They took swabs, checked my cervix and HCG. I phoned the next day to check HCG and they called me in for a scan. Couldn't see much on external but internal scan showed healthy (tiny!) bubs with HB. I am going in again next Thursday as they considered it a threatened miscarriage to check that the threat is over.

Also, they have put me on consultant led care this time (due to previous health problems rather than my MMC) and they have said that could involve extra hospital appointments and possibly extra scans but it will depend.

Have you looked into your booking in appointment with the midwife yet? I would certainly talk to her and maybe ring the EPU in your area to ask for a scan due to the bleeding?

Sending :hugs:

Haven't been to see anyone, no. Don't see the point tbh, i bled lots with Evie and they did nothing to help me. Going to EPAC or to mw isn't gonna help me, they'll just check baby is still there, which i'm sure it is. I will just see what they say on monday and if they refer me to EPAC then i'll go, but if not i'll not push for it.

Glad you're being looked after hun xxx

Hi Hun, sorry about your loss.

I had a 2nd tri loss at 17w 5 and must say I am being given fantastic care this time round. Last time, I got the same as you - nothing can be done, wait and see, all looks fine blah blah, I used to get so angry as I knew everything was far from fine, although I guess at that far along there really is very little they can do unfortunately.

This time I had a very early on EPU scan (about 6w) due to bleeding and they then scanned me 2 weeks later. I then had my mw appt - she is wonderful feel really lucky to have her, most understanding - I spent the entire appt in tears and she had me in for a scan the very next day. At my dating scan I was placed under a consultant and it was dicovered I had lost a twin. They then decided to scan me on a regular basis so all in all at 22 weeks I must have had around 8 scans.

At my 20w scan my consultant asked me if I would like further scanning for reassurance to which I jumped at the opportunity and I have been booked in at 28 and 32 weeks. I also have to see them at 38 weeks as they may induce me given my births are so quick and the due to the loss I guess - wanted to have a home birth but thats a no go they say!

One thing I will say is don't be afraid to ask for the support and extra scans etc

Thanks Las78... it's reassuring to know that they are helping you without you having to ask. I am not one to fuss and wont ask them for what i'd like. I'm hoping that they offer me more checks or scans... I am booking myself some private ones anyway i just feel like i need them to stop me going out of my mind, especially with the bleeding already

xxx

Hi Amy,
Just wanted to say congratulations! I can remember when you lost Evie, and am so glad to see you here.
I'm not sure about any extra monitoring, like you I'm not one to fuss, so I haven't received much help at all (which I'm quite happy with)
Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months, and so excited for you!

Cat
xxx

:hug: Sorry to hear about losing your daughter.

Congratualtions on your pregnancy. I have had only first trimester losses, but I have had bleeding, and so far (as far as I know anyways) everything is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"