FRER confusion - bfp? evap?

fairycat

Reaction score
I'm so confused. I took the first test (first picture below - left) at 8dpo with FMU midstream. Line very visible in person, faint but not a total squinter. It showed up somewhere between 5-7 minutes, so in the time limit. It was pink. This picture shows it after it dried (looked the same, but a touch lighter when it was wet).

Took another test (no picture) at 9dpo with SMU when I didn't really have to go and it was dipped. It was negative. Took the third test (second picture - middle) a few hours later when I had to go during the afternoon and dipped again. Very faint line, lighter than the previous day - don't know if it's completely visible in the picture.

I found an old FRER tonight in the combo pack and it's completely negative (last picture - right).

So what gives? I think the new curved ones have a higher sensitivity, so that would account for the negative old FRER. But is the line I got at 8dpo even trustworthy? I feel defeated after seeing the first line and then have it go negative - granted I didn't test with FMU. I'm scared I got a false line. :(

Attachments

• 8dpo dried.jpg
    8dpo dried.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 95
  • test2.jpg
    test2.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 9dpo.jpg
    9dpo.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 94
You're still really early. Wait another day or two and test again

To really have a fair comparison on lines, you need to test at the same time of the day. I actually see a faint line on your old style frer :) your new style ones definitely looks positive. I knkw the wait is terrible but a new test in the morning with fmu is your best bet to confirm if your lines are getting darker. You are still early so i wouldn't expect them to be MUCH darker, but should be a tad bit.

Good luck!

Really? I don't see a line on the old FRER, except maybe a faint shadow. Husband didn't see any line. I don't have any FRERs left besides the digital. Does anybody know the sensitivity of the digital compared to the line test?

Took a Walmart cheapie this morning, again can see a faint shadow on some angles, but far from a bfp.

Attachments

• ctp-229545-1446979013.jpg
    ctp-229545-1446979013.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 71
I see the line! That's how mine looked though and af just came for me :( doesn't mean it will for you tho I know how frustrating it is, you are still early and af came early for me so your still in the game. Test tomorrow at the same time and see what's there. Fingers crossed for you

I can see a line quite clearly on your last test x

This really gives a convincing indent line. I'm over it.

Attachments

• 2015-11-08 08.05.11-640x371.jpg
    2015-11-08 08.05.11-640x371.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 81
Those new frer's are very frustrating :( hope it's just early and still light, and starts to darken for ya

Yep, I got a stark white negative test this morning.

Thanks, what are ya gonna do. They really need to take these tests off the market.

I agree. I'm still not 100% sure if the chemical i had was that or just these damn tests. I had weird symptoms to go with it so i assumed chemical...but i'll never know for sure. I definitely won't buy them anymore though.

You know.. I was thinking about that after I posted. I might've had a chemical, but can't be sure. Maybe it just didn't stick. AF isn't due until Friday, and I had bright red blood today when I used the bathroom. My line had pink to it, it's not like it was gray. I guess I will never know. That's the problem with these sensitive tests and taking them early. I hope I've learned my lesson (yeah right, lol).

I know i haven't...i bought 25 wondfos lol

lol same here. I purchased some Wondfos last night and should be here tomorrow. Originally I wanted to see what they would come out as, but now I'll have them for next month. I'm so done with FRER and trying to interpret the line. Wondfos have always been pretty straight forward for me.

Good to hear! I've never used them before. Good luck next cycle!

They are different, but I like them. Good luck to you too! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->