FRER evap at 6dpo! Beware ladies they do happen! Update it was an evap :/

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Tests' started by Flowerbaby, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Flowerbaby

Flowerbaby NTNP

Hi ladies, well i was bored this afty and thought id pop to Boots to stock up on 2 for 1 frers, anyway got home and thought...hmmmm...shall i do one?? Im only 6dpo so kinda knew it would be BFN but am such a poas addict! LOL!

Anyway around the 10 min mark a pretty little indent/evap line appeared which has got more noticable over the past half hour and it looks like this:

I know its an evap i can tell but i really trusted these First Response tests and never had evaps with them before so am gutted that they have let me down.......so beware ladies of the dreaded FRER evaps!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. trypaw44100

trypaw44100 New Member

I have gotten 4 evaps In a row in the past 3 days with frer's. All of them showed up after a hour or so but they are pink lines and they are faintly there. But withen the 10 minute limit they were negative as negative could be! Whats going on with these tests? Did I really get 4 evap lines?

3. Webbykinskt

Webbykinskt Well-Known Member

Are you sure that's not just the anti-body strip showing up? xx

4. Flowerbaby

Flowerbaby NTNP

Wow 4 pink evaps seems unlucky....maybe its the start of your bfp but hcg levels are low at min?? Just chckd mine again and there is defo a line but it colourless so its defs an evap! I never had one before on them thats why am gutted! Bloody useless things! Lol! xxx

5. MilkOnTap

MilkOnTap Well-Known Member

Looks like the anti-body to me. I know a lot of girls who have gotten those lines then a few days later gotten their BFP, could just be a coincidence but those are good are detecting super low levels.

6. MilkOnTap

I was thinking the same thing..

7. trypaw44100

trypaw44100 New Member

Well I started testing with these frer's about 3 days ago.. The lines have all been the same looking really, my period is due tomorrow. Wouldn't the lines be getting darker not looking like the same faint evap lines? (they look light light pink but I put water on the test over the line and it looks grey when its wet. does this mean anything?)

8. asibling4gi04

asibling4gi04 NO LONGER PREG-NUMB

lets see a pic trypaw! HOPES, ITS THE START OF YOUR BFP this early there would not be a color..lucky to see a line lady so STOP before I say "i told you so"! lol..love ya! :hugs:

9. MilkOnTap

your levels double every 2-3 days and FRER are known for detecting levels that are really low, some say they can detect the same day as implantation. I say it could be the start of your BFP!

10. honey08

honey08 mum2two boys/2mc

this is why preg test have time limits tho :? i get these all the time :?

11. Fuchsia1412

Fuchsia1412 Due in Nov 2021 with No.5

Yehh I have to say, I think that is the antibody strip bit..I assume it is ever so slightly indented for the dye to settle on in some way..? I do see what your'e talking about and it's hard wen you're ttc cos you obviously do want it to be something, but if that was mine I would not be convinced by it or think it was positive or even an evap...poor tests don't think they're designed to be poked around with them like we do (and I do!!) Gl as you're so early and hope it turns into a really nice bfp :)

12. Flowerbaby

Flowerbaby NTNP

Yep i defo think its antibody strip, was fun trying to guess what it was tho instead of just bein a stark white negative! No doubt i will test tomorrow n get a BFN! Tbh we not TTC at min after my m/c last month, but we did have a mishap (dh forgot to pull out) and that same day i got a smiley on my digi n pos opk! Whoooppps! So would be great if got BFP but no biggy if not this month! Thanks for your posts girls, your comments are much appreciated. xxx:hugs:

13. Flowerbaby

Flowerbaby NTNP

Okay girls so am bored as dh on xbox grrrr.....so thought id do another test and blow me the same thing has happened again! I must have a bad batch of frers! Ugh, how annoying! V v v v faint line! I can only just make it out....im thinkin its a defo bfn again! Ugh i need to stop testing! Lol! xxx

14. Missalissa86

Missalissa86 Well-Known Member

15. wannabeprego

wannabeprego March 2021 IVF cycle #3 to TTC #4 is a BFP

hmmm, are you sure it is not the start of your BFP??? :shrug: Some of the FRERS can detect pregnancy up to 6 days before your missed period and I see on your ticker that your cycle is short at 25 days and you are on CD 20 right now...so you know it could be the start of something, because i see the line and it looks pink in the pic...good luck hun..I hope this is the start of your BFP. :dust: :dust::dust: :dust:

And also, do you have pics of the last test. I would love to take a look...:winkwink:

16. bluebumble

bluebumble Mummy to a gorgeous girl

I Have tested with these for the last 4 days and got the antibody strip on all of them and an evap line later. I'm 14 dpo and still negative on all ic. Frer are way more frustrating than I thought they would be. I always thought they were reliable, maybe not :(

17. asibling4gi04

blue, maybe its the start of your bfp too?? Post a pic??

18. bluebumble

I can't hun I put them in the bin but they are definately White :( I'm cramping but no af - and I feel like I have strained my groin area. I have ran out of ic tests too so going to have to wait for a few days for af to arrive or until I can teat again :(

19. asibling4gi04

blue, i cramped too..I just knew AF was on her way and nope, she never came! Next test, post a pic! I love looking and being the first to find your lines! :happydance:

20. bluebumble

How many dpo were you when you got your bfp? How are you doing? I have been following your story and pray for you every day :dust: