Frer Progression- Chemical?

maltesemom

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

For the record, I am calling my dr as soon as they open in 20 min! But in the meantime, I just want to be able to manage my feelings...

I got a vvvvfl at 11 DPO. 12 DPO stronger line but since then, the line hasn't budged. If anything, it's gotten lighter on 13 DPO and then kind of back on 12 DPO. Is this a chemical? I've never had one before and w ds, I had a really solid line at this point. AF due today or tomorrow.

Thanks ladies.

progression.png

Thats a tough one, because the lines are definitely there and dark :-k not sure but in my case when my lines peogressed extremely slowly, it ended in an early m/c. But I was researching like mad and found people that had it go the other way. Only time will tell but I hope it darkens for you!

Good luck and keep us posted!

I had two chemicals (October and November) and I had very similar lines/progression on mine unfortunately! However, you're so early so maybe it's just too soon to see a lot of progression.

The test I did with my first I did way past due af and it was incredibly faint! It was in the afternoon, but I had held on for ages and at that point I would have expected the line to be quite dark but it wasn't. Faint lines don't always result in a negative outcome. I wouldn't have said those lines were particularly faint

I wouldn't say those lines were really that faint. It all depends on concentration of urine. Keep positive, it's not always bad news x

Ladies, I really appreciate your weighing in! Even more, I appreciate that others can relate to what I am going through :) I went in for my first betas this morning. And then I am going in on Thursday. I will know the results on Friday and I will come back and update definitely. Somethihng that helped when googling is when people came back and updated their stories :)

I am not super optimistic but at least I've had a little time to work through my feelings. Which always helps.

Much love and sticky bfp's to you!!!

:hugs: those aren't faint - as others have said - wondering if you were just more hydrated at different times when taking the test? I think even the 14dpo looks pretty darn good!!

Those definitely aren't faint! It could depend on how concentrated your urine was, the time of day you took each test, etc. But those line look really good!

I agree with the other ladies. I don't think the lines are faint. Good Luck hun :)

Hi ladies - want to make sure I updated for anyone else in the same situation. Today test line is the same as yesterday's. I'm 99% sure it's chemical. But I did go get betas. I go back for second set tomorrow and hear back on fri. Thank you for the support ❤. You guys, I'm so grateful for this community. I'll keep updating

Fingers crossed for you! How long have you been ttc #2? Also are all the tests you're taking from the same batch/lot number? Hoping they're just faulty.

Fingers crossed for you! How long have you been ttc #2? Also are all the tests you're taking from the same batch/lot number? Hoping they're just faulty.

Thank you Giggle! <3 No the tests have been from multiple batches and backed up with even fainter cheapies. No progression so I am pretty sure it's chemical which is such a bummer. I just hope my posts help someone else - that's why I want to make sure to note and share my betas/progesterone and tests.

Dh and I haven't been trying long at all! This is our first cycle actually but there's a backstory (isn't there always?). We were advised to start immediately because I was diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve (DOR) which basically means either I have no eggs or the eggs are bad quality (I am still not quite positive which). The doctors have said the only way we will get pregnant is IVF so this was very much a surprise. I do have an RE appt to start talking about IVF on the 23rd but I would really rather go the natural route. Not only because of cost but also because it can be a really tough road. Sorry for the novel but I wanted to share that even though we haven't been trying long at all, I feel a tremendous amount of pressure given we have literally no time.My amh is .21 which is "very low" and almost at the nonexistant level.

Wouldn't it be awful if frer knew we ttc'ers use them for progression and purposefully put less ink in their batches lol! The weird small part of me that is a conspiracy theorist thought about that but then I realized it's prob wishful thinking on my part hahaha!

That doesn't look like a chemical to me at all. I would say that's a pretty strong bfp. Congratulations!

That doesn't look like a chemical to me at all. I would say that's a pretty strong bfp. Congratulations!

Thank you Mrs H!!

I just got my first set of betas 34 at 14 dpo which is on the low side. I go back tomorrow and get results on Fri!

Eek. I worked out pretty hard this morning. I know this sounds silly but I hope I didn't dislodge it :dohh::dohh: Don't laugh! I think logic just goes out the window when ttc.

I had the same fear, I actually started a new workout routine before I got pregnant this time but immediately stopped after my bfp because previous losses made me paranoid!

Well that's interesting, even if this is a loss it does show it's possible to do it natural...maybe give it a fighting chance before going the (expensive) ivf route?

I had the same fear, I actually started a new workout routine before I got pregnant this time but immediately stopped after my bfp because previous losses made me paranoid!

Well that's interesting, even if this is a loss it does show it's possible to do it natural...maybe give it a fighting chance before going the (expensive) ivf route?

I guess- I just worry that I don't have the time. I am not sure. I'd like to keep trying if I could but I have an appt w them on the 23rd already set up so I think I will go and keep an open mind. Because what if this is a fluke?

I've been working out like this for a while so I am just going to keep going. I think I am getting resentful about having to change my life when this pregnancy isn't really progressing. When I got my bfp, I skipped the gym to kind of give it a chance. And that hasn't worked. Plus the working out really helps my mood, especially during a time like this :)

I hope it works out for you maltese. I just wanted to add that with both my chemicals, my lines never got that dark in the first place. They were much fainter but still positive and they didn't stay the same over consecutive days, they were very much lighter every day until I started bleeding.

Just wanted to offer some hope that you are still in there with a chance. I had low hcg with both my viable pregnancies so the beginning number doesn't really mean anything. It's the second beta draw that is more an indication of viability.

All the best xx

Those lines are not faint AT ALL. I've seen much slower progression, much fainter lines, and way lower HCG levels at your DPO and them all go on to have happy, healthy, wonderfully miserable pregnancies that they are begging baby to just come out already by the time it's all said and done. :) I don't think it's a chemical at all, it looks like a GREAT BFP to me and you should be celebrating, bc no matter what IT IS A WIN!!!! Keep you head up, we are hear for you, I can PM if you need to talk, and remember, this ONE BETA DOESN'T"T really mean ANYTHING! It's the beta's progression over time that matters and your thoughts and emotions make a difference in everything, so stay positive. This is a great thing, I think it's your BFP and a nice sticky bean, but even so, with your story, just having those lines means something. What your doing is the right, doctors don't always know everything, and sometime when they tell you that something is the end all be all and IVF/Surrogate is your only option- THEY ARE WRONG. There are thousands of women out their that have LO's and testimonies on YouTube/Google/Forums/Blogs/Etc to prove it, so stay strong, keep telling yourself this is a win and no matter what you ARE PREGNANT NOW!!!! And that's HUGE! And to keep you going, talk to someone (me, if you choose to :flower: ) , distract yourself with something you love, do some IVF yoga to help LO stick in there (yes, there are these videos on Youtube, of specific Yoga to do right after IVF to help you conceive) :) And research all the positive stories and testimonies that you possibly can about women in your situation who against all odds, and everything their doctors said was 110% science and cold and hard truth, and they PROVED THEM WRONG and now have one, two, even more for some of them LO's to prove that even after being told it won't happen naturally, it did, it does, and it will if you believe it will. You've already won 80% of the battle :) Your lines look fabulous, any way I can see the last test you did so I can do something for you, please?

I hope it works out for you maltese. I just wanted to add that with both my chemicals, my lines never got that dark in the first place. They were much fainter but still positive and they didn't stay the same over consecutive days, they were very much lighter every day until I started bleeding.

Just wanted to offer some hope that you are still in there with a chance. I had low hcg with both my viable pregnancies so the beginning number doesn't really mean anything. It's the second beta draw that is more an indication of viability.

All the best xx

I'm glad that you mentioned this, because I didn't actually think about it until I read your post, but it was the same with all THREE that I've had in the last 8 months! They NEVER got that dark, and they would always get lighter once I noticed a line, or they would fade in and out for a day or two of no line, VVVF line (barely there), no line, AF.
And even though I already said it, I'm glad I see that she reminded you as well that one beta, no matter your early DPO doesn't really mean anything, it's the progression over the next few one's that tell's them what they need to know. A beta number of 34 at 14 dpo is perfectly normal and great. You have no idea when you implanted and that's when your numbers start rising, not from your O. Take a look at this website, https://whenmybaby.com/implantation-doubling-calculator.php I think it will help you a little with your beta and dpo right now until you get your next number. Until then, keep doing test and posting, I am almost willing to bet that they keep getting a little darker each day ;)

Now, this is just from my very rough guess's from the cycle info I found inside this thread, so you will have to do it yourself for it to be more accurate, but looking at what I am a 34 a couple day's ago looks FANTASTIC!!!! Congrats!

Attachments

• HCG Looks Fantastic.jpg
    HCG Looks Fantastic.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 15
Wish and Amber, thank you!

Wish, do you remember your starting hcg's with your pg's? it just helps to hear positive stories :)

Amber, that tool is amazing. Thank you for sharing! I appreciate your kind words. They brought tears to my eyes. Today I am pregnant. For what it's worth. And time will reveal all.

I think I have lost my faith along the way- hearing all of this news from dr's and researching and the boards. Today, I turn my will over to God or whatever higher intelligence there is out there (depending on your beliefs!). I am hoping for the best but if this isn't my take home baby, I know it's a milestone on my journey for my take home baby.

So much love to you ladies. I will continue to update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->