Fresh red spotting 2 weeks after lochia stopped!

LuSmith

Reaction score
Hi there...

Not sure if anyone will have experienced this, but worth a shot. I called up the doctor the other day regarding a light pink discharge that I'd noticed on my pad and when I wiped occasionally. I also had a string of dark pink discharge that I was unsure about too. My lochia had stopped around 4 weeks pp! I'm now coming up to 6 weeks pp. Doctor said it might be first period or something similar but not to worry too much and if I was concerned to see a doctor when I can.

Today I went to the out of hours doctor for some other problem (unrelated) and he had to press really hard on my lower abdomen and upper abdomen. When I got home a few hours later I went for a pee, and I had a slight spotting of fresh red blood, plus noticed some pink discharge on my pantyliner. Could this small amount of blood be from where he pressed too hard and I still had some around the lining of my uterus?? or would that make no sense considering I had pink discharge previous to the appointment. I've had some cramping but not severe and not sure if connected since it's to do with a different problem I'm having right now. I'm also frequently urinating but I have overactive bladder problems all the same and I get really affected by this when I'm colder.

Has anyone else ever stopped bleeding and then 2 weeks later started spotting? It's barely anything but I'm concerned! I'd be more concerned obviously if it was heavy or I had serious cramping but I don't think it's a haemmorage. Could be a UTI? I'm thinking of going to the doctors for a check tomorrow anyway but want others experiences.. my 6 week check isn't until the 29th Nov in 9 days.

Thats what I thought but it's not heavy enough to even be called a light period, there's barely anything on the pantyliner! I also have a yellowy discharge (which I've been told is normal by some doctors and abnormal by others..) and pain in my pelvis :( I've been given antibiotics to be safe but I'm scared it's something I should be getting an internal for as I kind of chickened out at the doctors.....

I had random bleeding on and off up to 12 weeks pp and just considered it lochia. 6 weeks is deffo normal to still have it! Your body is swimming with hormones, I'm sure its just one of those things.

I think it might be! I went to the doctors all the same and they gave me antibiotics to cover any infection. Feeling a bit more normal now, still tender sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->