Freya Jayne January 15, 2011

shlindz

Mummy to Baby Freya
Reaction score
Well I'm finally sitting at the computer so I have a chance to write my birth story. It's really uneventful compared to some of the other stories I'v read.

So my edd was January 18, but my lil girl came a few days early so she could share a birthday with her Grandpa.
I woke up at about 6:40am on January 15 and had to pee so I waddled to the washroom. For the past couple nights I was having really strong BH and didn't get much sleep. I remember thinking to myself how great it was that I slept through the night last night without a single BH to wake me up. Then as I got to the toilet and bent down to lower my drawers, my water broke. It wasn't a huge gush like you see on tv. It was just enough to make a mess all over my clothes. I wasn't even sure at first if it was my waters. So I finished my bathroom business and headed back to bed. I didn't stay in bed very long though. The contractions started at about 5 mins apart. By the end of the first hour they were 2 mins apart and very very strong. I decided it was time to wake up my husband. So I went into the bedroom and calmly woke him up. I didn't want him to freak out or anything. He asked how much time we had before we needed to head to the hospital. I probably should have been in the car on my way there already, but I told him he had time for a shower first. While he showered I grabbed all the last minute things I needed in my hospital bag. Of course, I forgot the camera!!! So we pack up and arrive at the hospital...after DH accidentally misses our highway exit! lol I guess I distracted him a little with the intensity of my contractions. They got very very very strong soooo quickly. I remember telling him to quit hitting bumps. So he slowed down. Then I yelled at him for slowing down. Poor guy <3 We were driving in a snowstorm at that. So I'm in the hospital trying to get through each contraction and the nurse is so nice rubbing my back and trying to help me breathe through them. When she finally got a chance to check me, I was 7cm dilated. I went from 0-7 in about 2 hours time!!! The nurse said I was also having back labor because baby was facing the wrong way. All I did was cry for the epidural. They had to call the doctor in from home to do it. They said I almost didn't get it in time. Right after the epidural they checked me again and I was 9cm. Things started to slow down after that. I managed to take a 2 hour nap before the pushing stage. I was really scared to push. The nurse told me it might hurt even through the epidural. I disagree! My favorite part was the pushing. It was such a relief. After about an hour of pushing my baby girl's head was mostly visible. The doctor said she would tell me to do little pushes before her head came out so that I wouldn't tear. Well I guess baby had other plans as usual. My pushing was so top notch that her head went from barely visible to pop out it came. Unfortunately I now have to deal with the consequences. I have stitches top and bottom :( not pleasant. A few more pushes and out she came at 4:23pm. She weighed 7lbs 10oz. My healthy baby girl <3
Well that's my story :)
Baby Freya is already 9 days old now and we are getting into a routine around the house. It's all a bit over whelming at first, but it's so worth it in the end. I love her so much!!!
https://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l215/shlindz/Freya%20Jayne/DSCF1838.jpghttps://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l215/shlindz/Freya%20Jayne/DSCF1839.jpghttps://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l215/shlindz/Freya%20Jayne/DSCF1828.jpg

Oh Wow!! Congrats!!! :) She's gorgeous! And you look great too new Mummy!!!! :) Your birth story sounds pretty manageable inspite and despite of the tear! Here's wishing you a Happy Motherhood and enjoy your Freya!!!

Congratulations :flower: shes gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->