Freya Rose Lambert born 19/03/09

1st time mum

Reaction score
Having been an avid baby and bump follower for the past 9 months, I thought I would write my birth story, although I've never really posted anything before but have loved reading birth stories especially nearing the end of my pregnancy!

I was due on 14th March and on 15th March I had a horrendous backache all day (turned out later this was the baby turning who had been back to back) thought this was the start of labour but all stopped that evening. Started having contractions on the night of 16th March and were 15-10 mins apart but again stopped the next morning. Thought I was going to have no problems with the pain until the 'real' contractions kicked off on Tuesday 17th March at 9.00pm!!! Put up with contractions until 9pm on Wed night when I decided to go into hospital. Got there and was examined and very frustrated when I was told I was only 1cm dilated! Decided the best option was to go home and try and put up with it some more (I had thought I had done so well!) Got home, had a bath, some more paracetamol, got into bed but as soon as I did, I had a show (which I wasn't expecting to be quite so bloody btw) so went back into hospital.

Examined again and was 2cm (!!!) by this time I was shattered after not sleeping for 4 nights and midwife suggested pethadine as I may be some time. Helped me get sleep on and off for a few hours. Contractions started becoming more painful during the day of the 19th and was examined again at midday - still 2cm!!! Was so annoyed as I really didn't expect that and was in quite a lot of pain. After hours using a birthing ball, walking around the ward, the contractions were beginning to be unbearable and on top of each other and I begged the midwife (crying on her shoulder) to examine me at 5pm. I had decided if I still hadn't progressed anymore I would have to have an epidural (totally against what I wanted). Finally examined at 6pm and was 6cm! Went straight to the birthing pool and got in after a lot of persuasion from the midwife and my other half as I didn't want to move off the bed! The pool was amazing and so was the gas and air! Felt really drunk and took the edge off the pain, also talked a load of crap which kept my other half in hysterics! Was in the pool for an hour and after 4 HUGE pushes, my gorgeous girl arrived weighing 7lb 1 oz, born in her sack which the midwife had to pop as she had done a poo, but all ok.

Went home the next day with several stitches but felt totally amazing and still cannot stop staring at my amazing daughter!!! Good luck to anyone due soon and I honestly didn't think it was as bad as I was expecting (apart from the length!)

Congratulations :happydance: Post us a piccy if you can so we can coo over her :)

xxx

Aw congratulations Hun! And being born in the sac is suppose to be extremely lucky! xx

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter x

Many congrats and welcome to BabyandBump

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back