friend has come on 6 days early and is panicking

louisaL

Trying for number 1
Reaction score
i have a friend who has just told me :witch: arrrived 6 days early
she has her periods every 28 days like clockwork and just doesnt know why she's come on so soon she write her cycles every time she comes on and finishes in her diary and she's counted the day 3 times over

as someone whose periods are all over the place i am use to it and told her not to worry as things like stress and upset (she's split from her bf) can cause your cycles to change but she's broken up with bf's before and it hasnt effected her cycle to change

is there any other reason why you can come on after 3 weeks.

i was worried for her cause technically she would be in her 2ww but they have had protected sex, she's got periods pains, is quite heavy and the like so i am thinking i can rule out implantation bleeding (i did lightly ask her if her period was normal) but then i know from coming on here NOTHING is normal! lol

Its probably going to be impossible to tell why your friend came on early.....more likely than anything her cycle will be back to normal next time and no one will be any the wiser. The body can play funny tricks...every time I've started TTC, my first cycle has been an extra week long....talk about taunting me huh? And last cycle was 4 days short! I never even got to POAS! Humph!

I've cut and pasted this from a section in Miscarriage loss and support from a post by Wobbles....the whole thread is sticky and worth a read....called Miscarriage Myths and facts. It may apply to your friend, but it may not....and best if you judge it to be of any use to here first.

But I timed intercourse just right, and my period came early.
An early period is almost never a miscarriage.

An early period is often caused by a lack of ovulation, or the ovulation of an egg that is not able to be fertilized. As a result, progesterone is not produced sufficiently to keep the last part of your cycle going. In this situation, a pregnancy cannot happen. Even a positive ovulation test does not mean your ovulation will surely happen or will produce a quality egg. If you are charting your temperatures, however, and see that you did not have at least 10 days between ovulation and when your periods began, you may have a luteal phase defect. Read more about it.

An extra long or extra short period can be caused when the shell that once housed the egg (called the corpus luteum) swells in size and throws off the hormone chain. This ball will come out in the period, leaving many women to believe they were pregnant, when actually they had a non-viable egg that month.

Without a positive pregnancy test, it is impossible to know for sure if you were pregnant. If you are actively trying to get pregnant, and have had several suspicious periods, then it is time to get tested for a luteal phase defect. You may indeed be losing babies due to low progesterone. One way to possibly find out is get to the doctor immediately when you think you are pregnant but start bleeding heavily (do not wait, even a day or two) and have a quantitative hCG blood pregnancy test done. Any hCG in your system would show that you were at one point pregnant. Otherwise, unless your blood type is Rh negative, you should not need to worry about a lost pregnancy..

Hope your friend is OK....I'm sure you are right when you say its a combination of stress and upset.....our cycles are fickle things....and one can upset them one day, won't the next or vice versa!

Its probably going to be impossible to tell why your friend came on early.....more likely than anything her cycle will be back to normal next time and no one will be any the wiser. The body can play funny tricks...every time I've started TTC, my first cycle has been an extra week long....talk about taunting me huh? And last cycle was 4 days short! I never even got to POAS! Humph!

I've cut and pasted this from a section in Miscarriage loss and support from a post by Wobbles....the whole thread is sticky and worth a read....called Miscarriage Myths and facts. It may apply to your friend, but it may not....and best if you judge it to be of any use to here first.

But I timed intercourse just right, and my period came early.
An early period is almost never a miscarriage.

An early period is often caused by a lack of ovulation, or the ovulation of an egg that is not able to be fertilized. As a result, progesterone is not produced sufficiently to keep the last part of your cycle going. In this situation, a pregnancy cannot happen. Even a positive ovulation test does not mean your ovulation will surely happen or will produce a quality egg. If you are charting your temperatures, however, and see that you did not have at least 10 days between ovulation and when your periods began, you may have a luteal phase defect. Read more about it.

An extra long or extra short period can be caused when the shell that once housed the egg (called the corpus luteum) swells in size and throws off the hormone chain. This ball will come out in the period, leaving many women to believe they were pregnant, when actually they had a non-viable egg that month.

Without a positive pregnancy test, it is impossible to know for sure if you were pregnant. If you are actively trying to get pregnant, and have had several suspicious periods, then it is time to get tested for a luteal phase defect. You may indeed be losing babies due to low progesterone. One way to possibly find out is get to the doctor immediately when you think you are pregnant but start bleeding heavily (do not wait, even a day or two) and have a quantitative hCG blood pregnancy test done. Any hCG in your system would show that you were at one point pregnant. Otherwise, unless your blood type is Rh negative, you should not need to worry about a lost pregnancy..

Hope your friend is OK....I'm sure you are right when you say its a combination of stress and upset.....our cycles are fickle things....and one can upset them one day, won't the next or vice versa!

thank you very much! i am going to pass this on for her to read xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->