Friend has pissed me off

Mumtobe20

Reaction score
Yesterday I was out doing a food shop lo was with me. I bumped into a friend, we got chatting and she was saying how big my lo was getting. At this moment my baby had his dummy as he was due a sleep. My friend then said ' why the hell has he got a dummy there absolutely disgusting and are full of germs' Also she added that when he's older his teeth will not be straight because I have gave him a dummy. After saying all this she pulled the dummy out of his mouth, which he was not happy about. Now She's made me feel like absolute shit and guilty for giving him a dummy. We are quite strict with it and he only gets it for naptimes. She just kept saying her lo's have never had a dummy and never will. Yet she will sit in her house and smoke in front of her children but I never say anything about that, Although it annoys me its none of my buisness. Im actually so pissed off and its really got to me. The way I choose to look after my son is up to me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions I was just more pissed off she actually took the dummy away from my baby when he was drifting off to sleep sorry I just needed to rant x

:hugs: How annoying! Why must people interfere?

I was a soother baby and my teeth are fine. As well kids need germs, germs can be good.
I swear if some people could keep their kids in a bubble they would.
i used to eat dirt, put sand in my hair and random things in my mouth all the time and i have a Great immune system.
Tell you friend to stop worrying about germs and other peoples kids and start worrying about hers and her smoking in the house.
Sorry but people that smoke in the house around their children just get to me.
I'm an ex smoker, and even when i did smoke, walking past a child i'd hold it up in the air.

First off, she shouldn't have taken the dummy out of your Lo's mouth. Anyone who ripped anything out of my baby's mouth, or away from her, would get punched in the face.

I really hate how people feel the need to FORCE themselves on others with their opinions.

I wasn't thrilled about giving Lily a dummy but some babies need to suck for comfort and my nurse told me it's just fine that they need a way to self soothe. She mostly uses it when she's cranky and/or tired. I used to hear a lot that they were bad for their teeth but I also hear a lot now that they've changed the way they're made so that their better for their teeth.

It wasn't any of her business really, I'd be upset too.

Let's put it this way.
If soothers were Really bad for babies, they wouldn't give them away at the hospital.

First off, she shouldn't have taken the dummy out of your Lo's mouth. Anyone who ripped anything out of my baby's mouth, or away from her, would get punched in the face.

I really hate how people feel the need to FORCE themselves on others with their opinions.

I wasn't thrilled about giving Lily a dummy but some babies need to suck for comfort and my nurse told me it's just fine that they need a way to self soothe. She mostly uses it when she's cranky and/or tired. I used to hear a lot that they were bad for their teeth but I also hear a lot now that they've changed the way they're made so that their better for their teeth.

If OH was there so he could of took our baby I would not have hesitated is smacking her one she really annoyed me. Its not the only thing she's done to annoy me either tbh she doesnt like my OH and says I can do better than him and has tried to break us up. She's a very opinionated person. Tbh I dont know why I even call her a friend. I think its disgusting that she smokes infront of her kids and I feel so sorry for them having to breathe her smoke in. Not to mention her house is a complete tip with dog hair everywhere and her house stinks of piss, And she's worried about germs on a dummy arghhh seriously she needs a reality check

She is way behind in technology and needs to get up to speed. We don't live in the 18 century. There are all types of soothers, BPA free, recommended and designed with the orthodontics suggestions and approvals. She was absolutely arrogant to pull out the soother from your baby's mouth. I know it probably happened too fast for you to Smack her in the head but next time, just tell her off. arrogance has no place near a baby.

If someone took my kids paci out of his mouth I would slap them. Honestly that's the tackiest thing i've ever heard, who does she think she is??

How dare she pull a dummy out of your baby's mouth. What a pig. What did you do? Did she give the dummy back to you? I would have grabbed it back off her right away and given her a piece of my mind. I'm not surprised your annoyed.

And don't get me started on mothers who smoke around their children. In this day and age there is no excuse, you make a decision to have a child then you give up smoking. It's a vile habit anyway.

Want to know a secret?.....I had a bottle until I was 5! and my teeth are perfectly straight!

Your "friend" sounds like a bitch. Ignore her :D

harry has a dummy for sleep time one woman at school took his dummy out when he was asleep saying cant see his little face. i instantly took it back saying do you mind !
ignore her hun shes a daft cow x

things like this piss me off!

One of my mates said to me other week "what's she doing with that dummy in her mouth?".

My LO is one of the most chilled babies i know, and if the dummy is helping that then so be it! she's happy and very rarely cries so there!

Ignore her hun, nowt wrong with a dummy! grrrrr, winds me up lol.

Someone asked me why Erin had a tit in her mouth!! I walked off without a word! Some people are just ignorant and arrogant! I had a dummy until I was 3 and my teeth and speech are fine!!

And ... a dummy is not right, but smoking is???? :saywhat:

I was always a bit disappointed that my lo wouldn't have a dummy! The reason? Dummies are recommended by fsids to be a preventative measure against sudden infant death syndrome so therefore they have positive health implications which outweigh all negatives imo.

Smoking however is a lead contributor to sids xxx

I was always a bit disappointed that my lo wouldn't have a dummy! The reason? Dummies are recommended by fsids to be a preventative measure against sudden infant death syndrome so therefore they have positive health implications which outweigh all negatives imo.

Smoking however is a lead contributor to sids xxx

yup, exactly what i was thinking when i read the OP!

Were on the same page with that bit!!

That woman sounds sooooo rude, i would have found it hard to hold my tongue!xx

I bought dummies for my LO's but they refused lol. I'm no way against them for little babies but i do have a thing about older kids having them, talking with them in their mouth etc, which can effect speech and teeth

I to had a bottle until i was 5, my teeth arent straight and because my lovely mummy gave me tea with sugar in my bottle (which i loved and this is one memory i have still about my young childhood) i had loads of fillings as a young child....lol but thats another thread!

still whatever my opinion, i would never take a dummy out of another childs mouth no matter what age they were thats just god damn rude! x

:growlmad: Hear hear...
It's one thing to give an opinion, but another to do that - WTF!
I do get annoyed when people butt their noses in, some of my friends do stuff that I wouldn't necessarily do but I wouldn't ever say anything. As others have said, dummies have come a long way and lots are approved by dentists. They are also said to reduce the risk of SIDS. Babies have a natural sucking reflex, they find comfort in having a dummy - mine definitely does, helps with her reflux too. As for the germs - pah! Good for the immune system I say (although obviously not if it has been dropped on your friend's filthy floor :haha:)

Ignorant bitch! Take no heed of her. How dare she pull the dummy out! She may as well have cigarettes hanging out of her Childrens mouths! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->