Friend has pissed me off

ugh, why are other people all up in other peoples biddness? ;)

my son doesn't have a dummy my daughter does and there is NO difference between the two choices if you ask me xxx

How dare she pull a dummy out of your baby's mouth. What a pig. What did you do? Did she give the dummy back to you? I would have grabbed it back off her right away and given her a piece of my mind. I'm not surprised your annoyed.

And don't get me started on mothers who smoke around their children. In this day and age there is no excuse, you make a decision to have a child then you give up smoking. It's a vile habit anyway.

I didnt do anything I gave her a funny look. She gave the dummy back but thing is she just said she was so against them then put it straight back in his mouth. When she took it out his mouth she was looking at it close up kind of inspecting it for dirt. I think she felt she had to put it back in his mouth as lo was screaming. Everyone has different ways of parenting and my son doesnt have it all the time so I dont see a problem with it obviously she does. I would rather my child was brought up in a clean and tidy house and a smoke free environment but I would never say anything about the state of her house cause that would just be rude. The smoking is completely different I did suggest to her that she could smoke outside instead of inside but really thats none of my buisness either. Im probably best staying well clear of her

i dont like dummys, and i dont particularly like seeing babies with them, thats just my opinion,

BUT i wouldnt tell someone whether they should or shouldnt use one, and i wouldnt tell someone who does that they shouldnt be or that its bad. and no matter how well i know someone i would NEVER take something away from their child! (unless say mummy didnt realize her little one had just picked up dog poo or found some electrical wires then yes id take it away from them)

just because she doesnt agree with your parenting style doesnt give her ANY right to go ahead and try and force it on you and your LO.

That's just a rude friend. She needs to respect your choices and acting ignorant like that is not respectful of you at all.

That's disgusting. Take the fag out of her mouth and see how she likes it. And that IS bad for her, unlike a flipping dummy!

as far as i'm aware there actually encouraging dummies now? something to do with less sids? something like that! silly cow! how dare she anyway who does she think she is?x

How very rude!!!! I would have gone absolutely mental if that had happened to me and I wouldn't have hesitated in throwing the fact she smokes near her baby in her face - I would have said it very loudly to embarrass her!!!

As other have posted, the reason we give Fran a dummy is because research shows it is a preventative measure against SIDS. It is recommended to give a baby one every time they go to sleep - even if for a short nap, although you shouldn't force them to take it if they don't want it. Fran usually only wants hers when she is tired anyway.

I'd recommend putting one of her cigarettes out on her face.
What a rude woman, who does she think she is to talk to you like that AND wake your LO up and make him cry :nope:

No respect - rude woman. She crossed the line.

My 2nd child Mahalia never had a dummy, she sucks her thumb. I wish to god I had given her a dummy as I cannot get her to stop sucking her thumb and she's 9 now...
My 4th child was given a dummy when he was in intensive care at 3 months old as he would not settle and they needed him to be calm. He gave it up easily at 2.
My 5th child has a dummy as he is a fractious hungry boy who would happily go through the day attached to my boob if it wasn't for dummies.

I don't know why some people feel so strongly against dummies like its a criminal offence or something. They have been my saviour for me since my LO has colic :(

I don't know why some people feel so strongly against dummies like its a criminal offence or something. They have been my saviour for me since my LO has colic :(

i think its just the way we are brought up, or the way we are made to feel about them. like i said i dont like them, i personally felt that it would of been an easy way out of soothing my LO - he doesnt have colic or a medical condition that makes him cry, my personal beliefs and feelings where that if my LO was crying and needed to be soothed, it would be me that would do it, not a dummy.

this doesnt work for everyone, this doesnt work for all circumstances - im not ignorant of that. if someone else uses a dummy, thats their choice and im not going to interfere. :thumbup:

I think I need to log off now before I get wound up.
But if something would help your LO sleep, why wouldn't you let them have it?

I think I need to log off now before I get wound up.
But if something would help your LO sleep, why wouldn't you let them have it?

because i can help my LO sleep. I dont do CC or CIO. anytime my baby cries pick him up and comfort him, i used PUPD method with 110% success. and any time he cant get to sleep i'm there with him till he does.

theres no need to get wound up, im not "wound up" because people use them.
babushka said she didnt understand why some people dont like giving dummys and i responded with MY personal reason. i didnt say i hate people for using them. if they want to...great, if they dont..great!

its completely personal preference, i was merely giving an example (my own reasons) why *i* dont use them. someone else may not use it for a completely different reason, ive heard all kind of things like making teeth crooked? or something like that i dont know, its not why i dont use one!

How rude! Never mind what HER opinion is on dummies, that's YOUR baby and therefore your choice!

Joe was recommended a dummy at two days old because he was in ICU and being tubefed and they thought it would calm him - the nurse actually asked us to go and buy some if we didn't already have them as they only had tiny tiny ones for preemies which he wasn't interested in. He's had them ever since and they're a lifesaver as sometimes there's just nothing that will calm him down except being on the boob or having a dummy - he can't stay on the boob constantly and they're currently sore enough without him chewing on them when there's no milk left, so dummy it is.

As for germs, I don't know about you but our dummies live in the steriliser, he gets a clean one every time and if it's been out of his mouth for any length of time it gets swapped for another one. If we need to take them out they have little cases to keep them clean. Besides, how are babies supposed to build up their immune systems if they're never exposed to anything?

As for what someone else said about someone objecting to a baby having a dummy because you 'can't see their little face' - the mind boggles. You can see Joe's face perfectly fine when he's got a dummy and he's my baby anyway - the only one who should be concerned with his face is me!!

i think its just the way we are brought up, or the way we are made to feel about them. like i said i dont like them, i personally felt that it would of been an easy way out of soothing my LO - he doesnt have colic or a medical condition that makes him cry, my personal beliefs and feelings where that if my LO was crying and needed to be soothed, it would be me that would do it, not a dummy.

this doesnt work for everyone, this doesnt work for all circumstances - im not ignorant of that. if someone else uses a dummy, thats their choice and im not going to interfere. :thumbup:

Ohhh Pepsichic, sometimes I think you just post things to get a reaction out of people. :haha:

Is there really an "easy" and a "hard" way to soothe your child now? I want to see the research on this! :haha: Truly finding this funny. :thumbup:

Ohhh Pepsichic, sometimes I think you just post things to get a reaction out of people. :haha:

Is there really an "easy" and a "hard" way to soothe your child now? I want to see the research on this! :haha: Truly finding this funny. :thumbup:

no i dont post things to get a reaction, i post things because its genuine.

did you see the "i personally" bit? :dohh:

for my situation, giving my LO a dummy to sooth him WOULD of been he easy way. he doesnt have colic, he isnt ill, he doesnt fight sleep, he doesnt cry around other people or in the car...so the few times he does cry id rather sooth him myself then just give him a dummy.

so yes it would of been easier to just give him a dummy, but im not saying soothing him myself was hard, it was pretty easy too!

like ive said before (time and time again) everyone situation is diffferent, a baby with colic screams for hours, my baby doesnt. so someone with a colicky baby may find that using a dummy is better for their situation because no matter what they do they cant sooth the baby themselves.

look im not trying to start an argument, but based on MY situation, it would of been easier! i still choose an easy way. but thats only because you could say...i have an easy baby!

:growlmad:

I made a similar thread not long ago!

My Lo never usually cries and therefore the dummy is used purely to get to sleep. One day though she was awake in her pram for over 4 hours and had a massive crying fit! She was fighting her dummy and sleep but for 5 mins she started to settle so I was walking hime, bumped into my friend and her her mum. Her mum leaned over and said 'get that dirty thing out you mouth' and pulled the dummy out. Aria started balling. I was sooo angry as she had been cxrying for almost 30 mins solid! My friend was mortified and chastised her mum but the damage was done!

Also my OH's aunt had a right go at us about giving LO a dummy. The way she spoke you would think I was feeding LO poison. MIL actually said later that she didnt know why she was so ritcheous because all 3 of her kids had dimmys growing up!

Some people are just wierd!

xxx

I would have snapped back about it reducing the risk of cot death. My LO only takes a dummy when she's tired and my MIL tells me off for it. LO spits it out when she's asleep so I don't see what the problem is??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->