Friend has pissed me off

I probably wouldn't have used a dummy if she never had colic but its really hard to soothe a colicky baby. But what I meant was I don't understand the really strong feelings against dummies, its just a dummy!

People just love interferring with other people children eh how would she react if you brought up the smoking infront of her kids. I agree with you I couldn't do without a soother at nap times!!

My eldest son had a dummy till he was about 9 months then would not take it he THEN started sucking his fingers... this has damaged his teeth not the dummy! a dummy you can get rid off but fingers you obviously can't. If you steralise the dummys I can't see how they will be "full of germs".

My baby has a dummy - as it is recommended by the FSID to help prevent cot death. Also it really gives her comfort when she is upset - which really helps both her and me.

BUT the MAIN point I would make is its none of her business. She can express her opinons but has absolutely no right to try and dictate to you - and taking the dummy out of your LO is stepping well over the line. I don't know what makes people think they can do these things to someone elses baby (I have had two different friends stick there fingers in my lo mouth.. the first when she was only just back from hospital...the lady in question is a nurse and I didn't expect her to do something so stupid... both times they just did it so I had no time to stop them) if she doesn't agree with dummys for her kids thats fine but she has no right to pull out your LO's and make you feel guilty (which you shouldn't).

Your baby, your choice.... I do find it shocking what people say sometimes.

If I was you - and depending how you value the friendship - I would voice your objections about her smoking infront of her kids (in equal tone - and outlining the potential health risks to the kids) when the opportunity best presents itself. If she says it is none of your business, then say "after the dummy episode, I think that we were being honest and Frank about each other's parenting styles?". Could go either way, though: will either ruin your friendship or whe will get the message and mind her own...

I have my SIL visiting this afternoon: she is great, but I do dislike her strong parenting advice - she doesn't have any kids of her own... :(

QT

maybe next time you see her smoking you should rip the fag out of her mouth and tell her how disgusting she is! what an ignorant cow! like others have said I hate people who push their opinions onto others! there are so many things that people can say we shouldn't do but you do what you feel is best for your LO!
none of my friends kids have had dummies but mine does and I don't care what they think, she is my baby and if her dummy makes her happy when she is tired or needing some comfort or if she feels a little insecure then she can have it!
I would stay away from people like this- they are no good, inflicting their negative attitudes all about the place!! xxxxxxxxxxx

Tell her to do one. Clear off. On your bike. See yas!

If I was you - and depending how you value the friendship - I would voice your objections about her smoking infront of her kids (in equal tone - and outlining the potential health risks to the kids) when the opportunity best presents itself. If she says it is none of your business, then say "after the dummy episode, I think that we were being honest and Frank about each other's parenting styles?". Could go either way, though: will either ruin your friendship or whe will get the message and mind her own...

QT

I agree with this!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"