"friend" laughs when I told her the name we've chosen

Maya23

Reaction score
I am so annoyed now.
She asked the name of the baby because apparently she is knitting a blanket for him(nice gesture though); and when I told her Matteo Isaak she starts to laugh and says: really??
I really like the name we've chosen, we both agreed on it, and she made me doubt it now :cry:

I like it, to me its different and I love names that are different

Pay no attention. As you said, you love the name and that is all that matters.

I think sometimes people are just surprised by our name choices and don't realise the way it comes across.

Our name isn't to everyones taste but I wouldn't change it for the world. xx

we've got a few people in our family who "aren't keen" on the name we've chosen for LO - at the end of the day though, my OH and I both instantly fell in love with it (it's one of the few names we both agreed on) and at the end of the day he's our son, not anyone elses..!!

Tbh she sounds like a bit of an inconsiderate "friend" for laughing, I can understand fully why you're upset!!

Dont worry hunni. It's a lovely unusual name I've not heard it before but really like it xxx

Next time she asks your opinion on her hair/makeup/clothes laugh :)

Just ignore her - it's a great name! If I had been a boy I would have been Matteo so I might be a bit biased though ;) Are you Italian or do you have an Italian connection?

well i don't what is she expecting..this baby is going to be half romanian and half british
Matteo=Matthew and it means gift from God, which it is!! :)

Just ignore her - it's a great name! If I had been a boy I would have been Matteo so I might be a bit biased though ;) Are you Italian or do you have an Italian connection?
i am romanian, the language and culture is very close to the italian one

See my earlier ranty post and tell her to sod off.

Haha, I got all on my high horse after reading yours. Rise above it lovely, some people are really really tragically sad.

Much love xx

There will ALWAYS be someone that doesn't like the name you've chosen & unfortunately you'll get a reaction asif you're trying to name their child. That is why we don't even tell any of our friends/family the names we are considering. We haven't settled on a name yet as we're waiting to see which one he suits best but when he is born, we'll decide on a name then tell people. I think Matteo Isaak is a gorgeous, unusual name :hugs:

We are naming our daughter emilia minnie Edwards
most people have been supportive and said it's lovely/cute but some have said that she will have people asking her how to spell it and that they don't like minnie
screw them I say!

I think that's a great name- I don't know how they think people might mess up the spelling of Emilia? Seems pretty straightforward to me :thumbup:

My mother always called me Min or Minnie as a nickname when I was younger (even though it doesn't sound anything like my actual name), so I think it's cute :flower:

Personally i think its a very unusual name, maybe thats why she laughed? but i actually liek it.. but ps its your baby and if you love that name tough on her! hope your okx

I think its a great name! I love it...what a beautiful meaning as well :) friends can be silly sometimes...pay them no attention...:hugs:

I think you should call your baby what ever you want hun and you shouldn't have to justifie it to anyone. I like the name you have chossen like others have said it is unique and thats great. Choosing a name can be really hard. We had a name for our LO which has taken ages for us to come up with and both agree on and other people have put my OH off it now, he was the one who originally suggested it...we are now back to no name which is so frustrating, cause he doesnt like it at all now just because of something someone else said. My brother in law had his baby not long ago and we werent to keen on the name they choose but we didnt laugh or dis it but now she is here the name suits her and couldnt imagine calling her anything else. :flower:

Awww hun its a lovely name, dont let anyone tell you any different,
Me and OH decided to call our LO Logan Phoenix
The few people we have told just like.. thats a stupid name
but at the end of the day, its not their child!!
Your not having a baby just to make them happy..
=] aslong as you and OH love it, its doesnt matter what anyone else says x

It's a lovely name, I have a romanian friend called Matteo, it gets shortened to Mao, and it's cute :) Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks as long as you like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->