Friendly reminder to all! Updated pg6 :'(

Ruth 1980

Reaction score
Girls,
I just want to remind you ALL to get your smear test done! I had mine yesterday and I realised we always seem to make it out to be worse in our heads than it is in reality don't we?
I have a friend who is end-stage with cervical cancer and is receiving home palliative care. She is 38 years old with an 8 year old child :cry: It breaks my heart. And makes me think how lucky we are to have medical technology like smear tests.
I was at lunch with another friend recently discussing this, and she admitted she hadn't had a smear in *years* and I was also due to have one but kept forgetting to make the appointment! So we made a pact and both had them done this week.
Can I encourage all of you who are overdue to have your smear test to buddy-up with someone in the same boat and make a pact to get it done, so that you have someone to be accountable to?
...Now, I am running very late for mum&baby group! Byee!... x

I must admit I've never had one! But have promised hubby I will get it booked ASAP! :thumbup:

It's too easy to keep making excuses not to go so making a pact is a great idea.

I finally got my overdue smear done 6 weeks after delivery at the same time as I had my coil put in.

DD is 12 and didn't want her HPV vaccine jabs (to protect against cervical cancer) as she is scared of needles but I convinced her eventually.

I'm overdue for a couple of months and I must admit it keeps slipping my mind :dohh:

They are not as bad as labour and they save your life. Get them done girls xxx

I had mine last week! I know its important because some years ago i had to have a biopsy and laser treatment to get rid of suspicious cells on my cervix (im supposed to have yearly smears but missed a few ttc and having a baby). I only found out because i never had a normal smear test from the beginning, i felt fine. I was under todays recommended age too because when i started having them the age was from 19. I believe it should drop back to that, sod the money they are saving by raising the age:growlmad: (which is what i think it boils down to), lives are at stake here.:nope:

If you're under 25, you don't qualify to get one. I was offered a chlamydia test (based solely on my age) after LO was born though :dohh:

I had my first smear last month and i was so nervous beforehand but i can honestly say i did not feel a thing it didnt hurt and was over in abouit 3 minutes and i am the worlds biggest wimp! X

Yep do it! My sil had abnormal results at 25yrs old. She had to have laser treatment and now has annual follow ups.

I think I'm due one next Feb time and I will be having it

I went to have mine the other day after getting the invitation letter in the post, just about to get down to it and the nurse asks how old my baby is, she then tells me they dont do them until the baby is 6 months old! So I have to rebook for 2 months time! Apparently its due to the fact it will most likely give a false result due to all the hormones changes still in process etc.... Never heard that before, I always thought it was fine 6 weeks after delivery??? xx

yip i had mine done last year after 15 years off not doing it thankfully it came bk fine in a week

I went to have mine the other day after getting the invitation letter in the post, just about to get down to it and the nurse asks how old my baby is, she then tells me they dont do them until the baby is 6 months old! So I have to rebook for 2 months time! Apparently its due to the fact it will most likely give a false result due to all the hormones changes still in process etc.... Never heard that before, I always thought it was fine 6 weeks after delivery??? xx

my sisterin law got her done when her boy was 3 months she had never had 1 and she is 39 all came bk clear.

they do say the cervix changes after having a baby.

I had mine last week! I know its important because some years ago i had to have a biopsy and laser treatment to get rid of suspicious cells on my cervix (im supposed to have yearly smears but missed a few ttc and having a baby). I only found out because i never had a normal smear test from the beginning, i felt fine. I was under todays recommended age too because when i started having them the age was from 19. I believe it should drop back to that, sod the money they are saving by raising the age:growlmad: (which is what i think it boils down to), lives are at stake here.:nope:

I am the same. From my first one I never had a normal one and was 21 years old (not long after the age went back up to 25) I ended up having colposcopies then on to biopsies and ended up having a LLETZ done as the cells werent putting themselves right so had to be removed. I go every year now (was for 10 years) think I have about 4 years left then I go back to one every 3 years which I am worried about as I love going every year and putting my mind at rest. I didnt have my one last July as I was pregnant but had it done in January.

I tell everyone I know go and have it done. I am a scaredy cat but I love having mine done and waiting for the results as I know whatever the results I am taking action!!

GO GO GO!!! :haha: :thumbup:

xx

I had a c-section and had mine done when lo was about 3 months old. I think thats the recommended waiting time - 6 months seems a very long time tbh!

xx

I've just googled and it should be three months according to several NHS sources. I've checked my dates again and mine was after only two months so now I need to call and see if I need mine doing again .

I had mine done last week, a friend of mine was diagnosed with cervical cancer at 25 the week before :( she has 2 children....both under 3 :(

Yep totally agree with this post. Ive had treatment for CIN 3 the stage before cervical cancer.
I wasn't even due my smear, had only had one 18 months previous that was clear. I had bleeding after sex so went to get checked. In the space of 18 months it was CIN3, I had to have a chunk removed from my cervix. Was told had I waited another 18 months for my 3 yearly one it would have not been such good news.

Dont leave anything to chance xx

I never skip a smear but a pact is a wonderful idea to keep not only yourself but someone else healthy as well. xx

I always have mine yearly :)
got one at 5weeks pp so i have till next year before due.
Paps never bothered me too much, i just hate having someone look all down there haha

İ was told to come wen my baby was 12weeks??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->