Friendly reminder to all! Updated pg6 :'(

at the few places I've had them done (shopping for an OB/GYN I liked...) they generally just only phone you if they've got bad news. So, no news is good news. Don't know if that's all across the US or just the few I've been to.

I still haven't got my results back, I dunno if I'm supposed to phone for them or if they send a letter.

How long ago did you get it done natsku? x

Nearly 4 weeks ago

I'm not sure how it would work in Finland, but 4weeks later you'd imagine the results are through. I'd call the place you got it done and ask them. Maybe like sideways said, it's a "no news is good news" policy, but it's not nice not knowing so I'd definitely call them x

Wow!! Sideways I've just seen your ticker ;) C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: x

I still haven't got my results back, I dunno if I'm supposed to phone for them or if they send a letter.

Nearly 4 weeks ago

I'm not sure how it would work in Finland, but 4weeks later you'd imagine the results are through. I'd call the place you got it done and ask them. Maybe like sideways said, it's a "no news is good news" policy, but it's not nice not knowing so I'd definitely call them x

I was thinking no news is good news but then again I've had a doctor who didn't call me and when I finally called her she said oh yeah we need you to come back in for more tests :dohh:

Nearly 4 weeks ago

I was thinking no news is good news but then again I've had a doctor who didn't call me and when I finally called her she said oh yeah we need you to come back in for more tests :dohh:
Wow! That really inspires confidence hey? I hope u got a new doctor!! ;) x

Nearly 4 weeks ago

Wow! That really inspires confidence hey? I hope u got a new doctor!! ;) x

Hehe yeah that was just some random doctor at the student health centre, prob just overworked and forgot

Thanks Ruth! SURPRISE!!! lol We just told our families today. Everyone else will know after the 8-week ultrasound.

Hey ladies, just wanted to share with you i got a normal result through the post today :) Im so happy, ive been stressing about the results because before i got pregnant i had to have treatment for CIN3, then missed the follow up because i was pregnant! I cant tell you how relieved i am!
Make sure you have yours done!! xx

Hey ladies, just wanted to share with you i got a normal result through the post today :) Im so happy, ive been stressing about the results because before i got pregnant i had to have treatment for CIN3, then missed the follow up because i was pregnant! I cant tell you how relieved i am!
Make sure you have yours done!! xx

Aw Katy great news!! :happydance: So happy for you! x

So I had mine done today. The nurse couldn't find my cervix at first and she had to faff around quite a bit. Eventually it was way up high.

I'm now feeling very sore on the inside, a bit like I did after my sweeps. Is this normal?

So I had mine done today. The nurse couldn't find my cervix at first and she had to faff around quite a bit. Eventually it was way up high.

I'm now feeling very sore on the inside, a bit like I did after my sweeps. Is this normal?

If she was having to poke around to find it then yes I'd say that is probably normal. But if she had found it the first time around you shouldn't have had any discomfort afterwards :)

She had to change instruments and it took her about 5 minutes of poking and twisting before she found it! I've got cramps on the inside and my back hurts as if I'm about to have a period!

Geez woman! Around here the doctors do the smears, not the nurses. And they use speculums so they can see up there! Did she not use one of those?

Yea she did, but she couldn't find my cervix with the first one after a couple of minutes of poking. So she had to use a much longer one (ouch) and then had to do some more searching and finally found it.

She said I might still have to get it redone though because there's a big chance she didn't get enough cells :cry:.

Lauki - sounds as though it was tilted perhaps? Mine is and I had to have my6 fists positioned under my hips/bum to change position. Sounds normal, especially if she had trouble reaching it. I felt like I'd been violated after mine!!! (not in a bad way, just she had to also root around!)

Thanks!! If I have to go back I'll do the fists under the bum. I actually had to do that for my sweeps too!

The cramping is about gone now, so I guess it was just the poking around that made me so sore! Let's just hope she got enough cells and I get a good result!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->