from 2nd tri 26 weeks, but only 13th percentile??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by mandapanda93, Feb 1, 2011.

1. mandapanda93

mandapanda93 Pregnant 1st Trimester

Just wondering if any of yall later in your third trimester have had doctors tell you your baby was in such a low percentile and everything been fine?
    Or can they still catch up from here?

I am 5'3" and my fiance 5'7". We are both super athletic and small.
    My gma is 4'11 and dads dad only 5'2". So i guess i have a small family.

Could this contribute to a small baby? or is it something im doing wrong?

2. whoops

whoops Just me and my LO

My LO is in a low percentile, especially with her head size, but seems perfectly healthy. I've been tested for infections and had numerous scans and it looks like it's just down to genetics.

3. brunette&bubs

brunette&bubs Mommy to James

I asked a question similar to this today.
    I'm almost 37 weeks and my baby is only 5 lb. 14 oz. right now and is in the 37th percentile.

My OB said it was fine as long as he stayed in that percentile and didn't drop.

I'm petite also, 5'1 and 123 lbs pre-pregnancy and now 138 lbs.

4. mommy2be2011x

mommy2be2011x Happy Mommy

My baby is also a small one! hes been measuring a week smaller since 16 weeks however docs said I still have the same EDD hes just a lil smaller but healthy!! so don't worry!

5. Lilly12

Lilly12 Mommy & #2 on board

My baby was also a week behind around 27 weeks according to the lady from the 3d/4d ultrasound.
    But she's perfectly healthy and still growing good.
    It could be that she was just about to start a growth spurt, you never know.

6. tigs

tigs Well-Known Member

Thats the thing about centiles - someone has to be at the top and someone else has to be at the bottom -

its the nature of the curve...

No need to worry --- it woudl be a bit like worrying that some people are taller or shorter than others.. its a fact of life...

I wish I was at your end of the stupid curve.. my baby is measuring 98th centile - it has to come out of the same small tunnel tho :(