from 2nd tri 26 weeks, but only 13th percentile??

mandapanda93

Pregnant 1st Trimester
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of yall later in your third trimester have had doctors tell you your baby was in such a low percentile and everything been fine?
Or can they still catch up from here?

I am 5'3" and my fiance 5'7". We are both super athletic and small.
My gma is 4'11 and dads dad only 5'2". So i guess i have a small family.

Could this contribute to a small baby? or is it something im doing wrong?

My LO is in a low percentile, especially with her head size, but seems perfectly healthy. I've been tested for infections and had numerous scans and it looks like it's just down to genetics.

I asked a question similar to this today.
I'm almost 37 weeks and my baby is only 5 lb. 14 oz. right now and is in the 37th percentile.

My OB said it was fine as long as he stayed in that percentile and didn't drop.

I'm petite also, 5'1 and 123 lbs pre-pregnancy and now 138 lbs.

My baby is also a small one! hes been measuring a week smaller since 16 weeks however docs said I still have the same EDD hes just a lil smaller but healthy!! so don't worry!

My baby was also a week behind around 27 weeks according to the lady from the 3d/4d ultrasound.
But she's perfectly healthy and still growing good.
It could be that she was just about to start a growth spurt, you never know.

Thats the thing about centiles - someone has to be at the top and someone else has to be at the bottom -

its the nature of the curve...

No need to worry --- it woudl be a bit like worrying that some people are taller or shorter than others.. its a fact of life...

I wish I was at your end of the stupid curve.. my baby is measuring 98th centile - it has to come out of the same small tunnel tho :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"