from bottle to cup? (maybe FOA wobbles???*

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
Ffion point blank refuses to drink from a beaker... ive tried her with tommee tippee, avent, soft spouted beakers.. everything!
its getting to be a serious problem because she hardly ever drinks any water (i refuse to give her water out of a bottle)

today i gave her a sip of Rhys water from his cup and she drank it really well :happydance:she held the cup on either side and guided it to her face with my help.

do you think im mental for trying to cut out the beaker phase or should i carry on encouraging her with a cup?

Wobbles.. i know you had trouble getting Miss Caitlin to drink from a beaker.. how did you solve the problem

I have a friend whose baby will only drink water from a cup without the lid and she manages it really well. I think that if it works you shold stick with it! Have you tried a Doidy cup?

I'm having the same trouble. But Caitlyns problem is that she wont tip it up and soon gets miffed off. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for suggestions!! x

oh i have a doidy cup in the cupboard from when rhys was little!!

great idea x

my little bro went from bottle to cup....didnt like sippy cups either

weve give dylan a doidy cup and now weve just started using one for harry too. i think theyre great x

we too have been having strange issues with the whole beaker! i have around, no lie, last count was 15 :blush: i have finally settled on two now - the nuby ones and the winnie the pooh/eeyore from boots, with a soft teat, think its by tommee tippee, maddi prefers the soft teats. i don't think you're mad at all tezzy, i think you should give it ago, i was thinking about though's with a straw for maddi x

Lily drinks from the Nuby beaker but she Loves drinking from a cup like a big girl! :D

Olivia drinks from beakers fine 100% no problem until it comes to giving her her milk in a beaker. Im trying so hard to wean her off bottles completely and for her to have her milk in a beaker but she just wont have it.

x

Erica has finally almost completely switched to a sippy cup, but she really likes when she gets to drink out of a real cup. She does well with small cups and even water bottles. If Ffion takes to a real cup better, thats even better since its just skipping a stage! :D

Kathryn uses the nuk, nuby and playtex sippy cups (2 have soft tips and all have handles). She started off on the nuk since it's more of a training sippy cup, the flow isn't as fast as the others and the spout is longer. Now she refuses to drink from a bottle, and has since she learned how to use the sippy cup :dohh:

Have you tried those cups that have a little hole in the top? but the rest is covered so as not to spill everywhere? For when they start to learn from drinking from them and its ment to help.

Or is that the cup you said rhys had? x

Ffion point blank refuses to drink from a beaker... ive tried her with tommee tippee, avent, soft spouted beakers.. everything!
its getting to be a serious problem because she hardly ever drinks any water (i refuse to give her water out of a bottle)

today i gave her a sip of Rhys water from his cup and she drank it really well :happydance:she held the cup on either side and guided it to her face with my help.

do you think im mental for trying to cut out the beaker phase or should i carry on encouraging her with a cup?

Wobbles.. i know you had trouble getting Miss Caitlin to drink from a beaker.. how did you solve the problem

Sorry I missed this yesterday :blush:

With about 10 different brands of cups :dohh: adventurely she took a liking to the Avent magic cups theres the small ones (softer spout) and bigger ones for 12 months+ I at one point just gave her the bottle & the beaker with juice in when she was mobile and drinking juice herself in the day when she was thirsty - then she just seemed to stick with the beaker.

https://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:9diD-DbjXkcfhM:https://www.babyjaya.com/images/Magic-Cup-200ml-%28Handle%29.gif https://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:Ccn5sItwz9S13M:https://www.babyearth.com/images/images_big/10-3226-01.jpg

I was dreading the switchover but thought i'd give it a go a few weeks ago and he was a little grumpy that day, took sips of milk and water but would shove it away, by the next morning he must have realised the bottle wasn't coming back and he took it fine. Bottles now in the bin :D
He takes the Nuby, and will happily drink from a proper cup and squeezy bottle x

Ciaran will drink water fine from his cup but with milk in it he just spits it out all the time:(

We had a similar problem with Valerie until I realized that she was getting upset because she couldn't taste what the liquid was before she sucked. So I found a cup that didn't have the "No-spill" thing and just had a lid and place where she could suck out of. She does great with this cup, because she doesn't have to work real hard at sucking to get the juice/water out. The only thing that sucks is that if she spills the cup, whatever is in it, gets everywhere! But it works for now; so we're using it. I'm from the US, so I don't know if you have them, but they are made by Rubbermaid. Valerie also is getting really used to straws. So she has a straw cup that she drinks out of every now and then.

Hope you find something!

Have you tried those cups that have a little hole in the top? but the rest is covered so as not to spill everywhere? For when they start to learn from drinking from them and its ment to help.

Or is that the cup you said rhys had? x

This sounds like the cup that I am talking about that we use wit Valerie. Works wonders with us!

thanks for all the advice girls.. will look into the cup with the hole me thinks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->