• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

From grobag to duvet and back again

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
Joshua had slept with a sleeping bag since he was about a month old.
he grew out of them so we went to use his baby duvet a couple of months ago.

i have found that he wriggles out of his duvet and wakes up because hes cold but then wont go back to sleep so end up in bed with us.

i have ordered a sleeping bag today as im desperate for sleep.

the thing is his duvet is a 4tog but the sleeping bags only go up to a 2.5tog.
ive ordered a 2.5og.

when he sleeps with his duvet he has been wearing a vest,sleepsuit and then having his duvet.
(it gets cool in our house at night)
he seems nice and snug with what he wears.

so my problem is what do i put him in when he sleeps in his sleeping bag?

i know they have recommendations but it needs to be close to him sleeping in a 4tog duvet.

do i just put him in a long sleeve vest then if hes cool put a little cover over him or do i put him in a sleepsuit and then his sleeping bag but not a vest under the sleepsuit.

We have very different weather here so I can't say exaclty what he should wear. My boy has a 2 tog sleeping bag and sleeps with a long sleep vest, baby gro and his sleeping bag. On really cold nights he has his panel heater on as well. It doesn't get as cold here in SA as it does there though.

I know they say with the sleeping bags that you must not put an extra blanket over them. Think its a risk of them getting caught up in it.

At the moment we are flitting between a 1 tog and 2.5tog bag depending on how cool it is, if she has the 2.5 tog she has that and a sleepsuit and then sometimes i put a blanket or 2 over her, i have being doing this since she was about 5months old, it works good for us....unless she wriggles out from under the blanket!

I would add that she has never ever got caught up in her blanket and she moves around ALOT in her sleep.

im not too worried about him getting caught up in a blanket as he has slept with a duvet for a few month and we have no problems.

whisper with your LO does she have a vest on under her sleepsuit or not?

When it's cold I've always had mine in 2.5tog grobag, long sleeve babygro/pyjamas, vest, socks and if very cold a cardigan too....just one of the millions of hand knitted ones we have but they hardly wear:dohh:

They might seem a low tog rating in comparison to the duvet but that's because it surrounds the body. BTW I saw long sleeve sleeping bags in erm....Jo Jo Maman Bebe or whatever its called:wacko:

oh thank you hevz.

the first night im goning to just put him in a long sleeved vest and see how we get on.

im not too worried about him getting caught up in a blanket as he has slept with a duvet for a few month and we have no problems.

whisper with your LO does she have a vest on under her sleepsuit or not?

It depends on the temperature in her bedroom, if its under 20c then yes she has a short sleeved vest, sleepsuit and growbag. If it is very cold sometimes goes down to 15c in the winter she has about 3 blankets and a long sleeved vest.

If it is over 20c then just a sleepsuit and growbag.

over 22c then she has a sleepsuit and 1 tog bag

over 23/24 she just has a sleepsuit

in the autumn/winter in the uk if its below 18 i put mine in a long sleeved vest, babygro and into the bag, in teh summer he has a lightweight bag 1 tog with either nothing on, a vest or a babygro depending how hot. at the mo it has cooled of a tad but still warmish at night so he is in 2.5 bag with just a babygro. I have never used a blanket as well with any of my 3 but i guess you could if it got really cold although i think the grobag manufacturers dont recommend it in case they get too hot.

Good luck with it all XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chloe is still just sleeping in pjs and nothing else :dohh:

Toby and Erin are fairly warm kids but would freeze with no top on....I couldn't sleep with my bare arms out of the bed at this time of year brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr chilly:nope:

Chloe is still just sleeping in pjs and nothing else :dohh:

Toby and Erin are fairly warm kids but would freeze with no top on....I couldn't sleep with my bare arms out of the bed at this time of year brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr chilly:nope:

Chloe's room doesnt get below 23 degrees and I'm still sleeping with no covers and a fan on.

maddi is now in a pj's and 2.5tog sleeping back. as it gets colder i'll pop a vest on underneath, but our house is normally quite warm, so i just go by the gro egg temperature x

amy - up until last week maddi was sleeping in just a romper suit and nothing else, it was boiling in her room and i was terrified she'd over heat xx xx

I go by Chloe! ATM she's sleeping better in just her pjs so I leave her, she'll soon tell me if she's too cold!

i put joshua in his 1 tog last night as we still havnt had the 2.5tog delivered yet.

he had a sleepsuit on and then his sleeping bag.
he was so snug and slept really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"