Frustrated and worried by doppler

carry

Reaction score
Im just hitting 11 weeks, and was very excited to receive my doppler in the post today... Bad move, ive tried unsuccessfully on and off all day and nothing..nada..zilch, now im trying not to worry as i know its still really early (but i cant help it)

Will you please give me some input ladies.. Its an anapulse 3mz and has gotten nothing but brilliant reviews :(

They are really hard to hear until later...unless you have a doc quality and even then you're only 11 weeks...hmmm

It says on the box "professional" and domestic use... Gah!
I regret buying the stupid thing now..

I couldn't hear mine until I used it with headphones. It's so quite that I couldn't hear it through the speaker only the headphones.

Tried it with headohones to jaxvibe, but thank you for your input.. I shouldn't be too worried though at this stage no?

I wouldn't worry too much the baby is still so small and can move around a lot. A lot of times I've seen where the hb is mixed in with the placenta or your own hb so it can make it impossible to hear.

It can be really difficult to pick up that early. Have you tried watching any YouTube videos for technique? That helped me out when I was pregnant with my first. Even now after lots of practice it has taken a while. Sometimes I find it and something as subtle as slightly changing the angle that I'm holding the Doppler-- not even moving it around-- I can totally lose it and it can take a while to find it again.

Of course as you progress it gets much easier!

Try lower than you might think, and lately I've been finding the hb very low and almost to my hip bone.

Try not to worry and best of luck on your next try!

What Rachelleigh said is good advice. I used youtube to get a good idea of how to do it for my first pregnancy and even then it took me almost an hour to find it the first time. I too would change angles with the wand and that made a world of difference.

Thanks girls.. Im feeling optimistic to try again now x

Try not to worry. Most professionals won't use a doppler that early because it's just too hard to find. If you think about it, the baby is only about an inch and a half long right now, so imagine how teeny tiny itsy bitsy that heart is - it's not putting out a lot of sound.

We weren't able to find mine until 16 weeks.

Try searching super low though - my baby was down nestled pretty much in my pubic bone even at 16 weeks. Try scanning right at the hairline down there. Also use lots of gel. I went out and bought a huge tube of aloe vera and am only able to hear it with that, not with the "professional" gel that came with my doppler.

Mine was super low too. Almost touching where my pubic hair line. And I found that in the early weeks, firm pressure helped. I would stop on a spot, apply firm pressure then rotate the angle of the wand. Also, I've heard that some people have had better luck with aloe gel instead of the ultrasonic gel (I've always used aloe because my Doppler didn't come with gel). Good luck!

I'll try again tonight.. Fingers crossed x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->