Frustrated & Confused TTC Baby1 O & AF ?'s SOS

TTCBabyat35

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first time here so I hope I don't sound clueless (or insane). I just started tracking my ovulation and I'm a bit confused. I typically have a 27-30 day cycle that on average is the typical 28 days on the nose. On the rare occasion it is off, it has never been less than 27 or more than 30 days.

I just registered with Fertility Friend and began using their calendar. I got AF last on May 15th. Most online calculators had predicted my fertile days to be May 26th through 31st with OD on the 28th.

As predicted, I started to get EWCM on the 26th but the OPK said low fertility. On the 27th, had increasing EWCM. We BD'd on the 27th and both times we used preseed to protect the sperm and help them on their way. The next day it also said low fertility but we still BD'd because of the CM and at 9pm I suddenly got a blinking smiley face, after we DTD.

Unfortunately I got sick and my partner had to go away so there was no more BD'ing after that. I kept using the OPK (Clearblue Advanced Digital) thinking I'd get 2 blinking smiley faces and 2 solids. But I tested twice every day and got FOUR frustrating days of blinking smiles until 9pm on June 1st (CD 18 at 7pm) when I finally got the solid smiley face.

By that time, my EWCM had dried up - which is the first issue bothering me.

1) Why would EWCM dry up the day it said I was officially ovulating? Is that bad? Can you still get pregnant without it?

Next, FF has predicted my next period date to be on CD33... but I've never had to wait so long for AF (ever, ever). I anticipate (based on knowing my own body and feeling super emotional right now) that AF will arrive this weekend, about 5 days earlier than predicted by FF.

2) Is there a chance I could be pregnant? Assuming OPK's are 99% accurate - if an egg dropped, I guess it would have dropped on the CD18 or CD19... I know the odds are low and the life span of sperm is debatable but since we BD'd on CD's 13 and 14 - could sperm have POSSIBLY survived to meet the egg on CD 18 or 19?

3) If there might be a chance of pregnancy, when can I take the test since I think I'm getting my period this weekend but calendar says it should arrive on June 17th, which I really think is impossible.

The early tests say you can try 6 days before AF but if I ovulated on CD17/CD18 - I'm just about 3-4 days away from what I expect to be my AF date to be, but I'm only 5DPO - which most sites say isn't enough time to implant and get the rise in hormones for a BFP. Does it make sense to test anyway?

4) If my cycle is as I expect and I get my period this weekend, and ovulated on CD18/CD19 on an average 28 day cycle - does this mean that I ovulate late (since I never tested before) and have a short luteal phase and that an embryo won't have time to implant AT ALL???

Sorry for all of these questions. I'm very new to this and quite nervous given I'm trying to have my first at 35 years old. I had two tests that said my egg reserves are good but there's nothing to test the quality. My partner is 44 and we did an at home kit to check the mobility and quantity of his sperm - which came back normal. I can't do the temping because of some medical conditions I have - it would never be accurate. I'm thinking about trying ferning because I almost don't believe the OPK ovulation date was 4 to 5 days later than I expected. Maybe I'm being paranoid because I'm not used to any of this but I just want to do it right.

Thank you to anyone who can help answer my questions! :hugs:

Sorry everyone, I can't figure out how to edit or delete a post. But for anyone who read the last post - I meant to say that I have typically a 28day cycle and have never gone below 27days or above 29days.

In the other post, I accidentally said 30 days instead of 29. :dohh:

So sorry.

Thx

Anything is 'possible" when it comes to conceiving, but I would say that with your signs and Bding then chances are good. BUT OPK's are pretty accurate, and if it was right, then you would be really lucky to have sperm survive that long. What OPKS are you using?

Thanks for answering. i was using the Clearblue Advanced Digital - which gives you high fertility (which I got four days straight) and then peak fertility - the solid smiley face, for two days straight. I thought I wasn't ever going to get a solid face. But I had EWCM before the test started coming back high fertility. Definitely not a perfect science.

Thanks for answering. i was using the Clearblue Advanced Digital - which gives you high fertility (which I got four days straight) and then peak fertility - the solid smiley face, for two days straight. I thought I wasn't ever going to get a solid face. But I had EWCM before the test started coming back high fertility. Definitely not a perfect science.

Did you happen to get in any more BD sessions? Esp. closer to when you actually got your Peak reading on your OPK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"