Frustrated...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by Sweetie, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Sweetie

Sweetie DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!

Doctor wants a dating scan for me asap, gives me the forms and everything, knows I'm leaving in two weeks (this is yesterday)

Got a phone call this morning to book a scan... October 5th! I commented that's a long way off for a dating scan... she says yeah well... we don't do them before 10-12 weeks cuz you can't see anything...

With dd we saw a heartbeat at 7w4d and the doctor told me that they can start to see things at 6w+... WTF

ARGHHH

That's all:growlmad:

2. littlekitten8

littlekitten8 Mummy of 1

We had our first scan at 6 weeks and had to go back at 7 weeks cos they couldnt see a heartbeat.

3. bookgirl76

bookgirl76 Member

Seems weird to me - I thought you could do them anytime between week 7-13, but not later b/c then its less accurate for dating.

Some ultrasound clinics will let you do drop-in ultrasounds - just means you have to wait to be called but then you could do it sooner, or could you ask for an earlier appt if there are cancellations in the next few weeks?

good luck - but I'd be frustrated too. I wanted my dating ultrasound done as soon as I could because I was so excited...

4. Sweetie

I'm going to go to a walk in clinic when I get back from vacation and get them to give me a referral for a scan and call to book it when I am home. So I think the problem is solved...

5. lucilou

lucilou Cooking again!

I'm pretty sure I was almost 14 weeks when I had my first scan, and they seemed to be able to estimate my due date just fine...

6. Mynx

Mynx Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!

I had an early dating scan at just over 7 weeks and they had no problems in dating my pregnancy :shrug:

7. dali

dali Well-Known Member

i think 12 weeks is the routine 1st dating scan and measurements, etc... i had a couple of early ones at 5 / 6 weeks with my son as i had an ectopic before, but if they have no reaosn to worry then 12 weeks is the norm i think :)

8. BlackBerry25

BlackBerry25 Helena & Elliot <3

Here in Alberta they really don't like to do them earlier. What I had to do was ask to be on the cancellation list. I got in early and they were pissed off haha, but they did it and had to do another one later on to get all the measurements etc, but it was nice to get 2 instead of the typical one.

9. Gunner's Mama

Gunner's Mama Mom of 2

I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks the first pregnancy and 10 the second. They were able to date the baby perfectly with my calculations. I was told that earlier they are more accurate for dating.

10. Sweetie

I'm in BC visiting family right now and am going to be calling my doctor here in the morning to let him know they don't want to do it. He wanted it done in the next two weeks because I had a weird cycle last month and because he knows I'm really anxious to check that things look ok this time.

Last time the walk in doctor in Edmonton did me the form and I went on the cancellations list too. Got in within days and ended up getting 4 scans in all anyways