Frustrated

cjdcath

Mum to Sam and Harry
Reaction score
Hi, Just wondered if anyone had any advice about this scenario....
I have a 7 week old baby and a 22 month old boy.. my new baby is very colicky and suffers with a lot of gas, I am breastfeeding him exclusively, I have excluded a lot from my diet etc..... and nothing seems to work. I breastfed my other son for 9 months and it went really well.
This time it is so frustrating, my baby snacks constantly and sleep is at best 3 hour stretches at night .... I know i dont have the time to devote to feeding like i did with my first son...... It is really hard, i am getting lots of advice to put him on formula or substitute some feeds with formula but I am unsure.....
Has anyone else used both? My milk supply is normally good but recently it seems to be lower, although he is only snacking each time anyway.... am so frustrated!!!!
i want to do what is best for my son and my family !!!!
Any advice appreciated, thanks
cath

hi cath sorry don't have much advice really i'm not new to mummy hood but bf i'm still learning and everyday i think i'm going to stop buy hey i'm 8 wks in and going strong :thumbup: well kinda:blush: i think if you exp then you will make more milk and there is a thread on here some where of diff things you can eat and drink to keep supply up:happydance: but don't give up if you wanna bf then you do it i know its time consuming but as you prob rem it will get easier :thumbup:

or maybe try combo feeding my friend is having great results like that? sorry i prob don't have your answer x

Every 2-3 hours is normal for a breastfed baby to wake for a feed. Hang in there, it will get easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->