frustrating doctors

9babiesgone

2 kids-17angels
Reaction score
I am so fed up. Many people dont know but my daughter is 3 years old, and still talks like she is 2!! she is having trouble talking, and making things so pronounced. She is very smart, but sometimes she doesnt understand what I am saying. well she was diagnosed with aspergers in 2009, but now the doctors think it might be something else. Her latest referral was ignored, and I called them many times asking why the referral never went through and they couldnt tell me. and she would have to be seen for the millionth time to get another referral, bc maybe the doctor forgot to put it through. this is the 3rd time a doctor has dropped the ball. and I really just want to know what is wrong, so I can help fix it, or at least make my daughter have an easier time with preschool and other things in life. but if I dont know what exactly is going on, how can I help it? Does anyone have any advice. I just called her doctor again and they have her scheduled for an referral appt on may 3rd!! so frustrated.
Her problems, are mostly speech, understanding sometimes directional questions, like HOw do you like this, or when I am calling her silly sometimes in a joking way, she says no, I cassie, . and she doesnt understand it can describe herself. I am also having trouble getting her to let me comb her hair, or eat certain things. and I am starting to see some delays in my son too!!! uggh.

I really just want answers.
:cry:

anyone with any advice or support????
No offence, but you might have to wait a little longer than 15 minutes for a response (19:51 to 20:06)! Mums in this forum area are, by the nature of the topic, busy.

Also, which country are you in? It doesn't say beneath your name. This could make a difference as to the advice you get - private health cover in the US, NHS referrals in the UK etc.

Hiya, wow she was diagnosed with aspergers young, normally they wait a while. You have made the first step with the docs for diagnosis as sometimes it can take years.!

Unfortunately, I myself am on the massive thousand year long waiting list for appointments, if you are in the UK, I just think its a wide spread problem and we all have to wait :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->