frustrstion clomid not working

me2ubear1412

Reaction score
I am feeling really frustrated now this was my second taking of clomid 50 gram but it doesn't seem to be making any difference as my cycle still really long.I even payed privately for help to convive as me and my partner wont our first baby together.I have polycystic ovaries and sometimes skip a month of not having a period.

I rang the clinic and they said just keep trying but what the point its not doing any think.They wont me to keep at it for another 4 months than they will do test to see if my tubes blocked and maybe up the does.

Grrrr frustrating the waiting game.:cry:

Are you being monitored? When I was on clomid I had to go in a few times during my cycle to see how my follies were developing. Then they would have me trigger ovulation when my follies were mature.

I had the same problem when I first started taking clomid, 50mg had no effect on me, so they had to increase the dose to 100mg, can you phone back to ask for a higher dosage? some people need 150mg etc. x (100mg did the trick for me)

My clinic checked my tubes first and then put me on Clomid 50mg (BFN) and then the next cycle changed it to 100mg (result BFP) if 50mg is not working they would revisit your plan. Furthermore both cycles were monitored.

Thank u I'll call them up.they did say it can take time to work.i don't know if to wait as it's only my second cycle of it or shall I just call them.

I would be calling them and asking to increase to 100mg if the first cycle did nothing. My Dr said there was a limit to how many cycles he would allow on Clomid so the dose was increased straight away when the low dose did not stimulate ovulation. The third cycle was increased to 150mg and then I ovulated.

I conceived on my 3rd clomid cycle. the first two were on 50mg and blood tests proved I did not ovulate. I was then bumped up to to 100mg and got my BFP.

You need to find the right dosage for you. Are you doing CD21 blood tests to see if you are infact Ovulating? If the clomid works you should O 10 days after the final tablet on average.

FX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->