FTM Please Help - worried about safe sleeping

That bednest looks awesome! I'm going to try to find something similar.

Thoughts on her sleeping in a Pack n Play??

I think a pack and play would be fine as long as you get an extra mattress to put in as the ones they come with are for occasional use rather than everyday use if they are the same as the travel cots here.

Hmmm. Pack and plays are a bit smaller than cribs and more portable - perhaps one would fit in your room?

Or you and hubby could downsize your bed to fit the crib in?

Or you could put a single bed for you in her room and put her in her crib?

Some ideas.....

We can fit a pack n play with some rearranging. Just wanted to make sure it was safe for her to sleep in the bottom

Oh yeah its safe! My lo sleeps in one when he is at grandma and grandpa's :)

Eta: we don't have a special mattress for it, just the thin one they come with

I think a pack and play would be fine as long as you get an extra mattress to put in as the ones they come with are for occasional use rather than everyday use if they are the same as the travel cots here.

Thank you!!

Sorry - I didn't realise they were called different things haha. Yeah, a travel cot is a pack and play I think. Ollie has been in his for 2 months now and is perfectly safe -he loves being able to spread out haha.

To answer your question about UK terminology for cribs etc, I think most people in UK have cotbeds for nursery when babies are bigger. They're quite big and can be turned into a bed once baby is ready to have sides down. A crib is much smaller and better for small babies.

I just moved my lo to a pack n play. I bought the 'dream on me 3" foam mattress' to go in the bottom. It's a firm mattress. I also use the angelcare movement monitor.

Hi everyone,

I am a FTM and I'm having a hard time figuring out the best way for my baby to sleep.

She is going to be 7 weeks old tomorrow and weighs 13 pounds.

I know the best ways to prevent SIDS are to have baby flat on their back in a crib with tight fitting sheets and no blankets, toys, or bumpers. But they also say baby should be in parents' room for 6 months. Currently we have been switching back and forth between a bassinet and the Fisher Price Rock n Play sleeper. I feel uncomfortable with the Rock n Play because she is inclined and not flat on her back. She is quickly outgrowing the bassinet. Two more pounds and she is at the weight limit.

Our bedroom is also tiny and there is no way to move her large crib into our bedroom.

I am afraid that she isn't sleeping safely and don't know if I'm just overly worrying.

I am not interested in suggestions to having her sleep in the bed with us. I know some do that but I don't trust myself or my husband as we both move a lot in our sleep and are pretty sound sleepers.

What do you moms who want to adhere to SIDS prevention standards put your babies in to sleep when you can't fit the crib in your bedroom and baby outgrows the bassinet?

Thank you for your help!!

Pack n play = travel cot
crib = cot
bassinet = moses basket

Graco do a "lite" pack n play - its a smaller pack and play for those who cant fit a full sized crib/pack n play in their room, I think it would be ideal for your situation:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-Travel-Lite-Portable-Crib-Jacqueline/19514420

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-Travel-Lite-Portable-Crib-with-Bassinet-Ally/13017301

see if you can find the dimensions for your bassinet and compare it to the size of a crib, a pack n play and a Lite pack n play and see which one is smaller then the crib but bigger then the bassinet!

Wristwatch, the big thing in the nursery in the UK is a cot. A crib is a small version. I'll stick up photos :)

Wristwatch, the big thing in the nursery in the UK is a cot. A crib is a small version. I'll stick up photos :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"