Ftm water breaking?

nnaime

Blessed Mother of 2 little ones
Reaction score
Hello ladies,
This morning I was barely awake and I noticed I was very wet between my thighs and my first thought was extreme sweating. I went back to sleep but got up a little later. Didn't think anything of it. A few bathroom trips later When I walked back to my bedroom to tidy etc it smelled uriney but sweet. Nothing was wet and I couldn't pinpoint where the smell was coming from (I should note my house always smells weird to me when I wake up, the other day it smelled like fresh donuts and the next it smelled like a hamster cage haha).
I noticed I felt a little sticky between my thighs still which wouldn't happen with Sweat so I figured I had wet myself a bit in my sleep and then I started worrying about my water leaking!
I'm only 27 weeks so it really hadn't been in my thoughts too much.

I just put in a pad to see what is leaking or what not.

Until then, what do you ladies gather from this? Does this sound like water breaking or just a case of bladder control?

Im going to say it might have been a little bladder loss. My waters didn't have a smell at all.

Just keep an eye on it just in case it is your waters and if you suspect that it is then I would go to the ER or call your doctors if you can.

i dont think its your waters you can go and get checked or if it soaks through a towel then i would head in

I would say bladder issue. When my waters went with my son, they didn't stop and every time I took a step or pushed a bit, a little bit more would dribble out. If you're still in doubt then of course go get checked.

Also I'm 28ish weeks and just started bladder leaking which I never have before! It could be that.

Probably either bladder leakage or vaginally discharge.

I have for a few weeks been sweating very heavily at night time. Quite often when I wake for a midnight pee I'll need to change my vest top and my underwear :blush: (sorry tmi) as I'm so sweaty ! Saying that I now notice if I sneeze or cough unexpectedly I will have small bladder leaks! :haha: . But if you are ever not sure go to MAU . My DD1 was born at 32wk due to chorioamnionitis as I had PROM from 26+5 . It was just a gush as I stood up from going for a pee . I knew it wasn't pee as I still had tissue held on me . They confirmed it was my hind waters that had leaked . I had little leaks on and off for that week in hospital. Then it seemed to seal and I was sent home . But twice weekly had CTG ,bloods , swabs and scans. My infection came on very quickly , 12hrs and I went from Ok to feeling quite poorly . Baby was born with in 24 hrs of first infection symptoms so she was Ok after the first 72hrs . She actually came home at two weeks old .xxx

It's been a few days and I've come to the conclusion that it was just an issue of bladder control and discharge. I did read that if your undies or pad soaks through within an hour there's more cause for concern. Being a ftm TTC for 2y with no clue on what's going on has probably just got me on super on edge and worried. My mother never had her water break on her own as she had to be induced with all 3 of us so she's just as clueless about this as I am . On a another note Babys been moving regularly, and I have an apt with my Dr this week so I'll definitely be talking about this with her

Thank you all for your replies!

I'm sure everything's fine! I sometimes also get really watery discharge. I panic too sometimes and I'm not a ftm and I did have my waters break before labour started with my son, yet I still worry when things seem very wet suddenly! :blush: so it's definitely not just you. Sounds as if everything's good though :) :thumbup:

I sweat between my legs at night and never even considered my water leaking! I'm going to bring it up at my next appointment, though (sometimes I think I peed myself but it's not on the sheets and no smell). My panties are almost always dry, which is why I'm pretty sure it's weird inner thigh sweat. Let us know what your doctor says!

Had Dr apt yesterday, she did a pelvic exam and concluded I wasn't leaking fluid and there werent any signs of infection. It was probably just a lapse in bladder control combined with extra discharge. Have my next apt in 2 weeks and well have an ultrasound to check fluid levels and weight. Im so excited

I'm glad all is well lovely :) thanks for updating too as Google pulls up a lot of these threads when people are searching whilst worried so it's nice to see a conclusion :)

Slightly related story to the topic, I bent down, coughed and peed myself the other day. Pregnancy is so much fun isn't it!!

According the my midwife, there are two types of water breaking.

- when the waters are broken at the top of the uterus (by baby kicking) which is what I had for DD1 - this means that pinkish liquid will trickle constantly but not in a big gush. In this case, go to the hospital even if you don't have any contractions because they will start pretty soon.

- when the waters break at the bottom of the uterus when the baby starts to make their way out - I had this with DD2, I felt a "pop" and a big gush of liquid and then the liquid stops cos the baby's head should stop the flow. In this case, RUN to the hospital ASAP. I almost gave birth at the hospital entrance. I had contractions all day but silly me thought they were braxton hicks and in any case they were never less than 10 minutes apart. But once the waters broke they went from 10 minutes to 2 minutes apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->