Full moon, who will drop on Saturday!?

Caelli86

Twin mummy to be!
Reaction score
so I dunno how much truth is in it but apparently more women go into labour on a full moon.
My midwife even told me herself that they do have lots of babies more on full moons and it is always very busy in L&D! She had a student working with her and advised her to book holiday!

So in the UK , this Saturday 29th Aug is the next full moon, we shall see!

It's also a four day weekend. My oh (so kindly) has asked me to 'pop' over the weekend. Charming.

Told him only with his help. Lol gl

It's my husbands birthday and he's definitely hoping I won't go in to labour on the 29th. Obviously he's not the sharing kind :p

I did joke with him when I saw about the full moon that it was definitely meant to be. X

I hope I do! I plan on asking for a sweep at my appointment tomorrow so between that and the full moon I hope tomorrow or Saturday will be the big day!

I went into labour with my youngest on a full moon so they bought my section forward. I'm a bit too early this time but the next full moon is 28th September so hopefully baby comes early again :)

Had my son in full moon last year and l and d was full of women having babies that night ..! I'm hoping to deliver in October as now is too early for me but theres a truth to the full moon theory ..

Sounding promising with two of you going on full moons before!

Fingers crossed!!

Oh this sounds good ladies, I would love to pop over the weekend, I'm skeduled to get my c section booking on Tuesday so would love to go a bit early.

On one hand I would love to go this Saturday as I'm so done being pregnant.

But, on the other hand, I really don't want to go this Saturday as Saturday is DD's birthday party, and Sundays her birthday. I think they may be miffed at me enough for the fact that they'll have close-ish birthdays, but I think they'd be even more miffed if they had to share a birthday :laugh2:

Oooh my due date is on Sunday! I haven't much hope though. I've been stuck at 1cm and 80% effaced the past 3 weeks & had an unsuccessful sweep on Monday.

Nor much hope for me guys. Still a fingertip dilated at my 39 week appointment yesterday. I've been stuck there for three weeks despite all the false labor pains

Be interesting to see if this thread is filled up with babies tomorrow lol x

I had a sweep yesterday followed with brown spotting and contractions ranging from 5 to 7 minutes until about 6am today. Now they've seemed to disappear. Ugh. I will be going in Sunday night to have Cervidil placed to start ripening my cervix if labor doesn't start on its own.

It's probably a no show for me too , but some ladies must go today???

I'd love to say it would be me. But no such luck. Gl to other ladies potentially going tonight

My water broke on a full moon 2 1 day after my due date altho no contactions so I was induced 48 hours after lol I believe it and hoping I have a repeat I'm due 8th Nov and there's a full moon 27th October 😁 this is my 3rd so hoping she will appear early my water never broke with my 1st xxx

Good luck all who are due the full moon is in ur favour stand up all night lololol

Although I have been having loads of Braxton hicks tonight, I've had 7 in one hour 😱 whoa!!!

Good luck to us ladies!! I hate to jinx myself but for the last hour I been having some pretty strong pains I hope they continue!

Lost a little more plug today. It's still a very gradual progression, but progress is progress! Bouncing on the birthing ball as we speak!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->