Full of cold

R&JBabybean

Mummy to Ethan & Bella
Reaction score
Im suffering from a really bad cold and sore throat which started on friday, Is there anything I can take for it that is safe for baby?

any advice would be much appreciated xx

You can take paracetamol but that's pretty much it. I've had 2 nasty colds and a stomach bug since getting my BFP and it was horrible having to get through them with nothing!!

Hi there,

I came down with a cold on Friday and went to the chemist and they advised to drink lots of fluid (especially OJ as Vitamin C), and said I could used Vics Vabour rub on my chest and back (this really helped me get sleep at night as I was so bunged up).

Also saw on another forum that hot water with honey and lemon was good - so I tried that too.

I rested all day Saturday and was feeling 90% better by Sunday afternoon.

Take care. XX

You can take paracetamol but that's pretty much it. I've had 2 nasty colds and a stomach bug since getting my BFP and it was horrible having to get through them with nothing!!

sorry to hear you have been ill :hugs: its not nice when we cant take anything, thankyou for your advice ill have a paracetomol xx

Hi there,

I came down with a cold on Friday and went to the chemist and they advised to drink lots of fluid (especially OJ as Vitamin C), and said I could used Vics Vabour rub on my chest and back (this really helped me get sleep at night as I was so bunged up).

Also saw on another forum that hot water with honey and lemon was good - so I tried that too.

I rested all day Saturday and was feeling 90% better by Sunday afternoon.

Take care. XX

Orange juice and Honey and lemon I will try that thankyou x

ive had sore throat, sneezing cough headache on and off since found out i was pregnant :(

Acetaminophen is safe...drink lots o fluid hun...I had a real bad cold with strep throat and that is all the doc was able to give me...lemon and honey soothes the throat...so good... plus the lemon helps if you have nausea.

Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you for all the advice, hopefully I will be able to shake this off soon xx

I was told no Vics Vapour rub or olbas oil - the advice has changed in the last 6 weeks and anything with eucalyptus oil is not recommended

I was told no Vics Vapour rub or olbas oil - the advice has changed in the last 6 weeks and anything with eucalyptus oil is not recommended

I did not know that, I will not use it just incase thankyou

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->