Fun: What won't they understand?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Alias, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Alias

Alias Mum to two

DH and I were talking last night about being parents... I pointed out that the child is going to think we're 'SO old' even though we still think we're young! After all, we were born LAST century, in the 70s at that! Then we started talking about things the child just won't understand from our childhood like:

Phone boxes (aka life before mobile phones)
    rotary dial phones
    Pre-internet
    cassette tapes
    floppy disks

So go on, what things do you think our children are going to have to include in history projects that we once thought were common day? :haha: :winkwink:

2. mummy_em

mummy_em 2 boys 2 girls perfect

we had a moment a bit like this the other day our son asked what my personal cd played was as he had never seen one and thort it was amazing that you had to put a cd inside it to listen to music unlike an mp3 player and then our younger daughter found a cassette tape in our room and we had to try and explain what is was.

when i was younger all the propper disney films where coming out like ladie and the tramp beauty and the beast ect all the films now are all digitaly done and not so much aimed at children i think the dvd is bringing and end to the good old video tape they are slowly being faded out cant wait to read what others put lol xxx