Fundal height - 33 at 28 weeks

Hazel28

Reaction score
Has anyone measured quite big at early stages? worried i am going to have a BIG baby! having a growth scan in 2 weeks to see how we going. I am only 5"4.

Hazel
x

im 5"4 and baby measured 26 at 28wks, then 32 at 32wks, and 32 again today at 34.5wks... i think most people say everyones so diferent n it can all be how the kids lying inside of ya, n not to worry 1 bit xxxxxxx

My wee woman was measured at 40cm when I was 32 weeks. I dunno if thats average or not but theres nothing I can do about it lol

Just not sure how i will have him normaly if he carries on?

you will know more from the scan hun, as fundal measurement is really inaccurate - it can vary quite alot depending on position of the baby or even fluid in the womb so dont worry about it

thank yyou. lets hope in 2 weeks i feel better.
xx

I dont think much of fundal measurements. 2 weeks ago my midwife measured me at 32cm at 34wks and sent me for a growth scan - baby seems to be measuring perfectly.

Today, at 36wks she measured me as 36cm - I really dont think so - I have hardly grown in just last 2 wks.

Saying this- she does just put down an estimate number in my notes- she doesnt actually measure with anything.

im 28 weeks measuring 31, bit ahead but midwife siad im having a growth spurt and it will probably slow down again, nothing to worry about :)

Midwife informed me that the fundal height is purely to check that bump is growing at at a good rate... that if it goes over or under it's nothing major - if they see that you're measuring a lot over or under the line consistantly (say 2 appointments in a row) then they will send for a scan which will give a fairly accurate baby weight.

So - they are probs waiting to see what you measure at your next appointment. If they think you might be growing faster than usual they'll send you for a scan! No need to worry x x x

yep i measured big :) next full scan is on the 30th so will see if things have changed but MW did not seam to think her growth had slowed down when she measured me on wednesday.

well at 28weeks i was massive, bigger then a few of my mates that are due any time now, and i was measuring at 27cm which was just under average by the tiniest bit, all my scans have measured up to date exactly and after my 4d scan on tuesday shes looking fine.
i dont really go off them anway, its only an estimate, baby will be whatever it is, they told my auntie my cousin was goin to be over 6lb and was 3.5lb when he was born. big difference.
try not to worry to much about it, all babies grow at different speeds in there, look on the positive side-you'll get to see baby again on the screen =)! i love scans soooo much!
hope all goes well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"