Fundal Height- measuring big

Anderson8

Reaction score
Just back from my midwife appointment.
my fundal height has always been slightly ahead of my dates 1.5 - 2 weeks ahead, which i know is normal.
now today im measuring 35cm at 31+4, midwife didnt seem too bothered ans said that she will check it when im back in 3 weeks and send me for a scan if needs be.
all my bloods/blood pressure and urine is all great.

has this happened to anyone else?

I had a huge growth spurt about this time and was 4cm bigger then i should have been but by my next app i had gone back to only being a week ahead. Babies grow at different rates so try not to worry if they were concerned they would have scanned you.

thanks
i do seem to have sprouted over the last couple of weeks.

ive told hubby that it could be a sign were having a big boy!!

I have been measuring a couple cm bigger since 28 weeks, have seen different midwifes each time as well and none of them have seemed concerned - they all say different things, could be water at the back of baby, position baby is lying in or just a little bigger.

I think the whole fundal measurement thing is stupid anyway. No-one can tell you how big your baby is using a measuring tape. Every woman's body if different and its ridiculous to say that every woman needs to have the size of bump as the next. If life was like that then we should have the same size boobs and men should have the same size .... lol

At my appointment yesterday (39 weeks) I was measuring 43 weeks:nope: and they said NOTHING of inducing....I am due in 4 days.....can we just do this and let him stop getting bigger!!!! So afraid I will end up with a csection:growlmad:

I wouldn't worry about it. I have measured at least 4cm bigger than I should do at all my appointments since I was 24 weeks. I am now 36+3 and I was sent for a growth scan on Tuesday. They said the fluid was fine and she is measuring the same as a 40 week old baby, but they weren't particularly worried (they estimated her weight to be 8lb 6oz at the moment!!!!). I had a GTT done and the results are normal so I have no idea what's going to happen now.

Just remember, every baby is different, but if you are worried, insist on going for a scan just to put your mind at rest. I was really worried about it until I had the scan done!!

im not worried really, im just thinking that im going to have a big chunky munky baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->